The Dunoon Presents Triathlon is an entry level event that encourages participation of any fitness and ability.
Participant can enter as individuals, or 3 person teams.
With a 400m swim, a 22km cycle and a 6km run/walk it is designed to encourage the ‘have a go’ philosophy and participation will be made up of all ages and fitness levels.
This will be the second year running the event with participants heading to the Dunoon from far and wide to soak up the atmosphere and achieve their goals and enjoy an introduction to multisport and triathlon.
The Dunoon Presents Triathlon is a pool-based triathlon involving a 400m swim, 22km Road bike ride on the coastal road towards Innellan. Finished of with a pleasant out and back 6km run.
This is a perfect and very doable triathlon aimed at beginners and those who are looking for something to keep themselves motivated and fit. The Dunoon Presents Triathlon has only one ‘quick’ transition, between the bike and run, so is even more suited to those just starting out on multi-sport as you get a rest between your swim and cycle!
The aim is to encourage everyone to experience the wonderful world of triathlon and make it fun and rewarding for all competitors. Wether a seasoned triathlete or a first time beginner this race will have something for you.
Although the thought of it may be terrifying a triathlon needn’t be! If this is your first triathlon. Then we think you will love this format to ease you into the world of multi sport events.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dunoon for the first No Fuss Event, Dunoon Presents Triathlon.
The event is based from Dunoon Pier, there is plenty parking around the town centre. Please note participants are requested to put bikes in the transition on the peir before registration. . Once registered then participants can make their way to the Riverside Pool across from the peir.
400m pool swim - Swim starts 0830 . The swim will be on a first come first start basis. The swim will take place at the Riverside Pool
You will use your timing chip to start and stop your swim time. The transition from swim to bike will NOT be timed!
After you have changed into bike clothing make your way to the transition area and the start of the cycle. .
The bike section will be open from 1000 , you will use your timing chip to start your bike time.
The bike section is approximately 22km of road cycling. The route is on tarred road. Road bikes, Mountain, hybrid and cyclocross bikes are all suitable. There is no technical riding and the flat nature of the course will inevitably see some fast times.
You will finish your bike section entering transition on the Pier, this 2nd transition will be timed.
You will start your run immediately after you have racked your bike in transition.
Transition Opens 0700
Registration Open from 0730
Pool Open from 0800
Swim Starts 0830
Cycle leg starts 1000 onwards.
Last finisher approximately 1330
Prize giving in transition area 1400
Prize giving will be held as soon as possible after last finisherat the main pier.
400M Swim (16 lengths of pool Riverside Pool)
Route details to follow shortly!
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Mittens Mountaineers - Kimberley Stainfield
2) Wee Jinky - FIona Wallace
3) Call me Al's Wee Al - Alison MacVicar
4) Hairy Haggis - Morag Webster
5) Yaldi - Anne Widdop
6) Karen Hogg - Karen Hogg
7) Lucy Brien - Lucy Brien
8) And in last place is.... - Laura Mackay
9) LouBee - Louise Brookes
10) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Sara Cairns
11) Dunoon Hill Runners - Jean Mclennan
12) STC - Paula McColl
13) Anne Smart - Anne Smart
14) Just keep swimming!! - Kim Collier
15) In Rust We Trust - Alan McCulloch
16) Gordie - Hugh McKechnie
17) me - kevin nairn
18) Mittens Mountaineers - Graeme Majury
19) Midlife Trisis - James Sawyer
20) D J Barr - D J Barr
21) Call me Al - Alexander MacVicar
22) CMTB / DHR - Christopher Moss
23) Just meNone - Martin Allison
24) SPRA Triathlon - Iain Gray
25) Gregor MacNaughton - Gregor MacNaughton
26) CMBC & DHR - Ross Morley-Trapnell
27) CMBC - David Love
28) David Smart - David Smart
29) N/A - Calum Ross
30) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Calum macleod
31) Hairy haggis - Stuart Webster
32) Lanterne Rouge - Paul Flynn
Team33) Tequila Chiquitas - Charmaine Russell
34) Tequila Chiquitas - Monika Boyd
35) Tequila Chiquitas - Carli Butler
36) The A Team - Emma Whitton
37) The A Team - Kate Taylor
38) The A Team - Rebecca Brannan
39) straight off the sofa - Sharon Blackwell
40) straight off the sofa - malcolm blackwell
41) straight off the sofa - Greg Dadiak
42) and the winner is.................a different team - Darren Brown
43) and the winner is.................a different team - rebecca mcnicol
44) and the winner is.................a different team - William Brown
45) Tri-Team - Alistair Gibson
46) Tri-Team - Niamh Doherty
47) Tri-Team - Alan Mollins