Well done to everyone who took part in the 2012 Tour. Provisional Results are here
WELCOME to the No Fuss ultimate MTB challenge for endurance athletes and
people with a sense of adventure
The event is about circumnavigating Ben Nevis starting from Fort William the Outdoor
Capital of the UK. It is a 72km journey of discovery about our wonderful environment,
about yourself and for some we have no doubt, about your bike. It is a stage race where the aim is to gather points from stages and for those at the fornt can be a very tactical race.
It is an opportunity to ride through some of the most rugged and isolated areas that the
Scottish Highlands have to offer. The course is undulating and varied with river and stream
crossings, climbs and long descents.
This is one of the country’s longest point to point events; this course has been described as
MTB Endurance and a Mountain Marathon race all rolled into one. It is tough but it is
However we stress, this is more of an event than a race. Those that are super fit and want to
race hard will not be disappointed and the special timed sections will spice it up a bit and
really bring out the competitors from within. Those who see this as a major personal
challenge will be able to pace themselves and enjoy the history, adventure, and wilderness
of this remote area.
The course will not be littered with signage and support people, it will be left as untouched
as possible to allow you to enjoy this environment in its natural state. With this comes some
personal responsibility, which is a big part of the event ethos. We are taking the bubblewrapping
away and letting you take on this event knowing that you will need motivation and
tenacity to get to the finish line.
Friday 21st September 6-9pm Nevis Centre, Fort William
There is no official registration on the morning of the event however if you are unable to make it on the Friday evening please contact us to make arrangements to collect your registration pack and any briefing information.
At the registration you will receive:
• Race briefing, safety and the latest course changes / information. Including special
• Your personal race number plate and zip ties to attach your number to your bike. The
number must be attached securely to the front of your bike for the entire event. Do not
alter or cut the number plate in any way.
• Timing chip/dibber
For 2012 all entrants will be supplied with a Hog Roast Meal after completion of the event in Fort William High Street.
Cut Off Times - Due to the remote area in which the event takes place for 2012 we are imposing a strict set of cut-off times for competitors and marshals well-being!!
If you have not reached the top of the Mamore Descent by 1230 you will be short coursed along along the Landrover track to Mamore Lodge to continue with the event.
If you are not at the top of the Mamore Descent by 1330 you will told to return by the way you came.
Start Date / Time
Saturday 22nd september 10am
Reserve day Sunday (all race timings will remain the same). All riders must be parked by
9 am to ensure you are at the start line on time. All Riders must be on the start line at
10:00 am. Leave room for elite riders at the front of the start line to ensure you are not in
the wrong place when the start gun goes.
Please listen to the Race Briefing carefully as it contains important safety and or course change
information that you need to know. Route/stage cards will be issued at registration.
Will be held in the evening from 2000 at The Nevis Centre
Fort William is located on the A82 approximately
100 miles north of Glasgow.
From the South
As you enter Fort William from the South, follow the bypass to the first roundabout, go straight through towards Mcdonalds. At the next roundabout take the second exit, Nevis Centre is
second on the left.
From the North
Drive towards the town centre but move into the right lane at the Belford Hospital to pass the turn for town centre, stay in the right lane and take the second exit at the roundabout, towards McDonalds. At the next roundabout take the second exit, Nevis Centre is second on the left.
Please Park at the Nevis Centre where there will be designated parking; competitors are
encouraged not to park in Morrison’s Car Park for the duration of the event.
This event takes place in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland and Fort William town
will hopefully provide you with everything and more that you will need for your stay.
If we can assist please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you do not register by 2100hrs on Friday 21st, we will assume you will not be coming. If
you are unable to make the briefing please can you inform us and we can make
arrangements to get your race pack to you in the morning.
It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure their bike is road worthy and their helmet undamaged.
Safety and First Aid
First aid will be provided out on the course. Rescue Medics will be providing cover at the
transition and will have trained First aiders out on the bike course.
There will be 5 special stages in the race, each stage is compulsory for every rider. Points
will be awarded based on time for the stage and the person with the total number of points will win the race NB not necessarily the rider who is over the line first. If the stage is missed for any reason the rider will be given zero points that stage.
It will be the rider’s responsibility to ensure that they have ‘dibbed’ their timing chip at the
start and finish of each special stage. At some of the more remote stages the ‘dibbing’
points may not be manned, but will be signed SPECIAL STAGE START and SPECIAL STAGE
FINISH. Please remember to dib!! If you have never ‘dibbed’ before please ask for a demo
Stage 1 WHW descent into Kinlochleven, approx 1.5km steep rocky descent.
Stage 2 Alt Coire na Ba bridge to Loch Eilde Mor, approx 3.3km, landrover track..
Stage 3 Luibielt to Lairig bothy, approx 5.5km carry/climb and sweet descent.
Stage 4 Blue Crane descent Nevis Range
Stage 5 Start to finish i.e. the whole route
Read carefully: Non compliance with any of the Race Rules will result in
disqualification of the competitor from this event.
1. Approved cycle helmets must be worn at all times.
2. Road rules apply at all times, on all private or public roads during this event.
3. Riders must not ride more than two abreast on any Highway
4. Riders must ride in single file if impending vehicle traffic behind you.
5. Competitors must keep as far left as possible at all times, on all roads and tracks to
ensure sufficient and safe passing.
6. Competitors must not deviate from the obvious track or attempt to take shortcuts.
Drafting is permitted.
7. Any competitor withdrawing from the race must inform a Race Marshal at the first
possible opportunity after the decision to withdraw is made.
8. Competitors must know how to fix basic mechanical breakdowns (chain break and
repair flat tyres).
9. You are not permitted to alter or cut the event number plate in any way.
10. Event officials reserve the right to remove any competitor if they consider they are not
capable of safely completing the event.
11. Please do not leave any rubbish along the route. All food wrappers drink bottles, tubes
etc must be carried to the finish line and not discarded anywhere along the route
except at the Aid Stations.
12. Anyone seen discarding rubbish will be disqualified and will not receive a time or
position as applicable (take memories or photos but leave tyre marks only).
13. Participants must avoid stock if possible and all gates must be left as they are found.
14. No outside assistance is allowed by support crews to any competitor and no supporters
will be allowed to follow riders on the course.
15. Competitors must read the pre race course briefing notes supplied at registration.
16. Competitors must obey instructions from Marshals at all times. They are there for
everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
17. You are not allowed to swap bikes. You must finish on the bike you start on, unless you
have had a major breakdown and use a rescue bike from the tail end charlie vehicle.
18. To receive a position you must complete the entire course under you own steam.
19. Teams are not permitted to use any sort of towing device except for towing a team
member that has damaged their bike to the point that it cannot be self propelled.
20. For Team category all team members must cross the finish line together for the team
to qualify as having completed the challenge and for merit prizes if applicable.
21. The last team member across the line will be recorded as the team time.
22. Compulsory gear as per the list below must be carried or will result in disqualification.
23. Entries are not transferable. We need to know who is on the course and what medical
conditions you may have so we can deliver the appropriate response in the event of an
• 2 tubes or a puncture repair kit
• Tyre leavers
• Multi tool
• Chain breaker (learn how to use it please)
• Poly prop / Thermal layer top and bottoms
• Serious waterproof jacket
• First Aid kit (gauze squares, tape, an elastic crepe bandage, sunscreen, anti-chaff
cream, insect repellent).
• Whistle in case you go over a bank, break a leg and no one can see you.
• Survival blanket in case you are there for some time whistling.
• At least one water bottle and sufficient food to meet your individual energy needs
for 5-10 hours of riding.
NOTE: Please comply with the gear requirements. We take your personal safety seriously and
do not want to inconvenience you with gear and bike checks to ensure you have complied
with the race rules. Help us to help you.
Recommended Gear - For cold weather
•Poly prop / Thermal beanie
•Full finger gloves
To enjoy this event you need to be able to keep moving for about 5-10 hours. The fastest
time is expected to be around 4 Hours and up to 8 for those ones trying to get the most
value from their entry fee.
You don’t want to carry too much gear so consider carefully the clothing you need and your
The weather can change quickly from extremely hot to snowing in a matter of hours, so
study the weather forecasts and plan for the worst case scenario from that.
The water in the river crossings will also be drinkable
Food & Drink
Recommended for All Riders
Drink: There are numerous stream crossings that contain safe water.
Food: Please carry and consume enough to get you through the event.
Race start 10am.
For safety reasons we are unfortunately obliged to enforce a cut off times for this years event.
If you have not reached the top of the Mamore Descent by 1230 you will be short coursed along along the Landrover track to Mamore Lodge to continue with the event.
If you are not at the top of the Mamore Descent by 1330 you will told to return by the way you came.
If you haven’t reached the spean bridge end of the event by 1700 we will ask you to return with us in an event vehicle.
If you past these points before cut of time. We will wait for you to finish, so long as you are
making every effort to keep moving.
Route Markings / Hazards
There are numerous unmarked hazards on this course, as there should be with a wilderness
adventure of this nature. Potholes, rocks, stock, rutted tracks, steep descents, banks etc are
all part of what is required to be negotiated by the competitor.
Any hazards outside of those expected will be identified and marked accordingly to ensure
your safety. The Course Coordinator does not anticipate any such hazards requiring
The course will not be marked with directional arrows except at critical junctions. The tracks
do not lend themselves to taking the wrong path but where there is major deviation from the
track you are on, it will be marked accordingly.
Event Safety Information
When you are in this environment YOU are the person primarily responsible for your own
safety. We will try to limit the event infrastructure so that it will not be too noticeable during
this event so you can enjoy the course with minimal interference. Please do not drop litter.
You will be a long way from home so you need to ensure that you:
• Carry the compulsory gear as per the race rules
• Ensure you have a well maintained bike
• Have trained sufficiently to ride the distance and stay focused on the hazards and your
own needs for food and water.
• Ensure you complete, on the entry form, any specific medical condition you have that
may affect your well being and or treatment.
• If you come across an accident, you must stop and give all reasonable care that you
can, while sending someone forward (not back) to the nearest Marshal for help. The
• Marshal will call in the situation to the Event Safety Manager so that we can get expert
help on the scene as soon as possible.
• We will have first aid trained Marshals situated throughout the course, in the tail-end-
Charlie vehicle and at the finish line.
Cancellation / Refunds
Cancellation and course alteration
In case of event cancellation visit our web site. www.nofussevents.co.uk
The alternate event day is the Sunday following the official race day.
An alternate course may be put in place by the Course Director in case of extreme weather
and this will involve a to and from course. The entry fee is non refundable, in ceratin circumsatnces we will be happy to transfer the
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo entry1) Standard Life Cycle Club - Andrea Huttner
2) Probably going home in an ambulance (again) - Dot Roberts
3) ATGNI MTB - Jessica Wiegand
4) no pain no punctures - Mandy Prowse
5) Why Why Why? - Natalie Hogg
6) Bear Essentials - Marie-Louise Ridley
7) HPR Deeside - Mona Petrie
8) Black Canon Collective - Marjory Hatvany
9) MBRO35 - Sarah-Anne Keenan
10) Cotic/A Quick Release Holidays - Katie Collins
11) RAF - BJ Doherty
12) RAF - BJ Doherty
13) gonnafinishthistime!!! - Mike Quayle
14) alphatango - Alasdair Tooze
15) Duffer - Stewart Eastaugh
16) Cyclist No. 1 - Richard Fox
17) Andrew Ward - Andrew Ward
18) Thomsons Cycles - Roger Campbell-Crawford
19) Crash n Learn - Andrew Meiklejohn
20) Glasgow Triathlon Club - Sean Webster
21) Neep BOOM - Kenny Mitchell
22) Mat Lovell - Mat Lovell
23) twenty sixer - David Taggart
24) Tinto Hill Runners - Colin MacDougall
25) Just do it. - Jaimie Mccune
26) B.O.M.B.A. Squad - Graham Hanratty
27) 2Guids - Ewan Good
28) Colin Scotland - Colin Scotland
29) Team Barnsley Hospice - Ian Carey
30) The Fallguys - Robert Morris
31) The Fallguys - Steve Gibbons
32) The Fallguys - Steve Greenough
33) Just Me - Trevor Weavers
34) The Lone Sprocket - Michael Park
35) cranky porter - David Porter
36) TNFC - Guy Kesteven
37) indipendant - colin sanderson
38) indipendant - paul allison
39) Paul Innes - Paul Innes
40) And I said Never Again!! - Ken McLuckie
41) Chris Lockart - Chris Lockhart
42) Team neasham - Colin Sanderson
43) Team Dunhouse - Paul Allison
44) Edward Homson - Edward Homson
45) ABC - Mike Milne
46) Trek UK - Andrew Dodds
47) richard sharpe - richard sharpe
48) RNRMCA - Jon Foden
49) JT - Jim Thomson
50) Halifax or Bust - Andrew Henly
51) Haggis Super - Peter Davies
52) Team Glentress Mincer - Andrew Cunningham
53) AMCC - Andrew McClean
54) Plodalot - Nathan Gabbott
55) Perth City Cycles - John McLaggan
56) wideopen.co.uk/Hotlines Europe - Pete Scullion
57) One - armed bandit - Iain Martin
58) Furious Purpose - Alasdair Macniven
59) Bike Shop Hexham - Huw Oliver
60) Dunracin' CC - Jim McDade
61) Double D - Derek Main
62) Double D - David Richardson
63) Ribble Valley CRC - David Kershaw
64) ABC SS - Neil Scott
65) Dulnain Bridge Garage Ltd - Duncan Clark
66) Lone Ranger - Scott Houston
67) Doug fae Dulnain - Douglas Anderson
68) Standard Life Cycle Club - Rick Harrison
69) Whisky Chaser - Martin Walker
70) www.allthegearnoidea.net - James Wearn
71) Cuppa Tea Lad - Andrew Sellars
72) JUST DO IT ATGNI - IAN BOOME
73) JUST DO IT ATGNI - IAN BOOME
74) JUST DO IT ATGNI - IAN BOOME
75) no pain no punctures - James Prowse
76) Noodle - Andrew Clitheroe
77) Chicks Dig It - Gordon Hawthorn
78) veggi might - sheldon kilroe
79) ewanmac - Ewan MacGillivray
80) Team Logotech - Anthony brown
81) Team Logotech - Mark Brown
82) Guillaume - Will Lafferty
83) Team Logotech - Anthony Brown
84) Team Logotech - Mark Brown
85) ATGNI - Mike Hind
86) Meharpal Sangra - Meharpal Sangra
87) Big Al - Alan Cameron
88) Too stupid to give up - Tim Senior
89) me - David Henderson
90) Ross Hayward - Ross Hayward
91) Ian Holden - Ian Holden
92) Team S.P.O.A.D.O. - Martin Cook
93) Team S.P.O.A.D.O. - Gavin Peters
94) Przemek Marek - Przemek Marek
95) Thing 1 - Bob Garven
96) Dezzy - Derek Shanks
97) Go-Where.co.uk - Matt Cox
98) Bear Essentials - James Ridley
99) Hooligan Junior - Dave Jackson
100) redsank - san kapil
101) Hooligan Senior - Keith Jackson
102) Muchty Riders - John Johnston
103) 39 Engineer Regiment - David Jones
104) 39 Engineer regiment - Justin Spreadborough
105) 39 Engineer Regiment - Chris Ackerman
106) 39 Engineer Regiment - Matt Simister
107) 39 Engineer Regiment - Jono Wilkinson
108) 39 Engineer Regiment - Darren Taylor
109) 39 Engineer Regiment - Brian Forbes
110) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Urbaniak
111) 39 Engineer Regiment - Speedy Hadfield
112) 39 Engineer Regiment - Daniel Botteral
113) 39 Engineer Regiment - David Jones
114) 39 Engineer Regiment - Chirs Ackerman
115) 39 Engineer Regiment - K Thompson
116) 39 Engineer Regiment - Matt Simister
117) 39 Engineer Regiment - Jono Wilkinson
118) 39 Engineer Regiment - Darren Taylor
119) 39 Engineer Regiment - Brian Forbes
120) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Urbaniak
121) 39 Engineer Regiment - Speedy Hadfield
122) 39 Engineer Regiment - Daniel Botterel
123) 39 Engineer Regiment - L Adams
124) 39 Engineer Regiment - Waters
125) 39 Engineer Regiment - M Morris Jones
126) 39 Engineer Regiment - PA Turner
127) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Edwards
128) 39 Engineer Regiment - J Hill
129) Young4Life - Jimmy Young
130) supermac - gary macdonald
131) Beakjul boolgool - Phil Hulse
132) Standard Life Cycle Club - Kenneth Pollock
133) Big D - Derek Potter
134) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Spencer
135) DB Riders - Paul Bromley
136) RLSCC / thebikeyard - Ben Neaves
137) HPR Deeside - Tim Mackley
138) Peebles Cycling Club - David Winton
139) Peebles Cycling Club - Richard Semple
140) nineonesix-guiding - Jim Sutherland
141) L3 CAD - Barry Parker
142) survivalisvictory - andrew mcvey
143) whoneedsmates - john o malley
144) P Nutter - Pete Collier
145) Gruinard Bay Wheelers - Peter Collins
146) Solo Sheltie - scott macleod
147) carnethy - Henry Cruickshank
148) Fifeing Eejit - Niall Wallace
149) Westway Wine Alcoholic - mark condliffe
150) Why Again? - Craig Hogg
151) Surging out of Convalescence - Laurie Piper
152) The Quantock Hooners - Jon Avery
153) The Quantock Hooners - Iain Wyatt
154) Team Logotech - Paul Telfer
155) The Quantock Hooners - James Potter
156) Let's hope eh! - John Denny
157) Live in hope! - john denny
158) Something Cool - Martin Keys
159) Something Cool - Keith Fowler
160) One for the Zipper - Jonathan Morton
161) [email protected] - Rick Ornleas
162) The BIG Team - Mike Kennedy
163) The BIG Team - Chris Smallwood
164) The BIG Team - Stu Skinner
165) www.mtbguisborough.com/Bikescene - Rory Spence
166) Glasgow Iain - Iain Kennedy
167) G-Banger - Graham Bottomley
168) Alpha Tango - Carlo Guidi
169) Scotpuffers - Graham Wilson
170) Scotpuffers - David Hogg
171) Team S.P.O.A.D.O. - Krister Bone
172) SWCC/Mt Zoom/Bikefood - Andrew Howett
173) On My Own! - Jim McAra
174) Sir Crampalot - Barrie Kinnaird
175) Sir Crampalots Faither - Jack Kinnaird
176) No-sense-bikers - Ian Harty
177) LABRAT CC - Dougie Philip
178) Plan Dee - Gary Hughes
179) Singletrack bikes - Colin Birrell
180) Team Dee - David Hirst
181) The Braes o' Fife Militia - Colin McGregor
182) jonnybravo - Jonny Henshall
183) The Braes o' Fife Militia - Ken Murray
184) supermac - gary macdonald
185) Hooligan - Mark Crane
186) DVATC - Stef Holland
187) Walkers Cycling - Steve Flindall
188) ManagedResponseMarketing.com - Craig Letton
189) Maciej Garbien - Maciej Garbien
190) Maciej Garbien - Maciej Garbien
191) Walkers Cycling Club - Steve Lockhart
192) iPlod - Euain Drysdale
193) RWD Brakes Factory Racing - MATT BROWN
194) Why T.F. - Jim Shields
195) Mountain Maniacs - Steve Gentle
Please retains these terms and conditions for future reference
Definitions “Conditions” means these terms and conditions of entry for the Event. “Entry Form” means the website pages which must be completed in order to participate in the Event. ”Event” means the event named on the Entry Form. “Event Organiser” means No Fuss Events, a company registered in Scotland. “Fee” means the price of entry into the Event as set out in the Entry Form. “Participant” means the person named on the Entry Form who will be participating in the Event.
Acceptance of Conditions: These Conditions shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms or conditions (whether or not in conflict or inconsistent with these Conditions) contained or referred to in any documentation submitted by the Participant or in correspondence or elsewhere or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing. A variation of these Conditions is only valid if the Event Organiser (No Fuss) gives notice to the Participant in writing in any official Event material or correspondence prior to the Event (including via email), The Participant shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon completion of the Entry Form.
Participation 2.1 The Participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous. It is acknowledged that participation in the Event will be physically demanding and the Participant is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
2.2 The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event. The Participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to participate, the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these Conditions.
2.3 The Participant agrees to abide by all applicable event rules and regulation. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions. The relevant rules and regulations may be obtained from the NO Fuss website www.nofussevents.co.uk under event specific rules.
2.4 The Participant must present for registration process at the times and on the day as instructed in the Event Information which will be issued by the Event Organiser before the Event.
2.5 It is the Participant’s responsibility to provide and use necessary equipment which complies with rules and event regulations.
2.6 The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event (as initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion) to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times.
2.7 The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other Participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
2.8 While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
2.9 The minimum age of entry for events is 16 years old at the 31st December of the Event year. Participants who are under 16 years old on the 31st December of the Event year may race in specific events if identified in the events specific rules.
2.10 All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final. Accordingly, the Participant will comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshals, and safety personnel. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placing.
2.11 These Conditions are personal to the Participant and it may not assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. The Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is purchased for personal use only, that it cannot be donated free of charge or otherwise given away for free, and that it is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorised by the Event Organiser), and in particular, that the Entry may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion use as a prize (including in competitions and sweepstakes), travel packages, or for any other trade purposes. Donation, give away, resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
2.12 The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant other than set out in clause 4 below. By way of example, and for illustration purposes only, car parking arrangements and issues with hotels, may arise/change but such changes/issues will not allow the Participant to withdraw and nor will the Event Organiser be deemed liable except as otherwise set out herein.
Bookings and Payments 3.1 In consideration for being granted the right to participate, the Participant must pay the Fee by no later than the closing date set out on the Entry Form.
3.2 The Participant shall either (a) complete the Entry Form online and submit it together with payment of the Fee online in accordance with the Event Organisers’ website or (b) complete the Entry Form by hand and fill in the appropriate card details and send it by post. 3.3 The Participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the Fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations 4.1 The Event Organiser operates a 7 day cooling off period. Accordingly, the Participant is entitled to cancel his/her application to participate provided the Event Organiser receives written notice of cancellation within 7 days of payment of the Fee (payment being deemed made for the purposes of this clause 4.1 by clicking on the make payment link on the Protx Secure Payment webpage or receipt of the Entry Form sent by post in accordance with clause 3.1 above). During this 7 day period the Participant is able to cancel its entry and receive a full refund of the Fee by emailing [email protected] or writing to the Event Organiser, No Fuss Events, Tigh Mo Mhiann, Croft 48, Banavie, Inverness shire PH33 7PB. The notice must be received by the end of the 7 day cooling off period.
4.2 The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the date of the Event. In the event of such change of date of the Event, and the Participant is unable to attend on the revised date, he/she has three weeks to inform the Event Organiser in writing from when the change in date is announced to receive a refund of their Entry Fee.
4.3 The Participant acknowledges that participant places are limited and payment of the Fee and reservation of the place has an affect on logistics and the subscription for the Event. Accordingly, subject to clauses 4.1 and 4.2 above, the Participant may only withdraw from the Event at any time, subject to the following:
4.3.1 If the Participant withdraws from the Event 90 days or more before the Event he/she will receive no refund but upon request the Event Organiser will provide the Participant with a place free of charge in the same Event the following year, provided such event takes place.
4.3.2 If a Participant pulls out of the Event between 89 days and 8 days before the Event he/she will receive no refund from the Event Organiser but upon request the Event Organiser will reserve the Participant’s entry for the Event which it proposes to run the following year subject to the Participant completing an entry form and paying the applicable entry fee for such event within the stipulated time limits for such event.
4.3.3 If the Participant pulls out of the Event with 7 days or less of the Event or if the Participant fails to register for the Event he/she will receive no refund or reserved entry for any future race or event.
4.4 No Participant shall be entitled to change the race category further to submitting the Entry Form.
4.5 Notice of withdrawal from the Event must be communicated by withdrawing through the online admin service on the event website or by writing to the Event Organiser, No Fuss Events, Tigh Mo Mhiann, Croft 48, Banavie Withdrawals WILL NOT be accepted by telephone. Date of receipt of notice will dictate whether or not a free or guaranteed place is offered for the following year in accordance with this clause 4.
4.6 Should places in any category for the Event be oversubscribed, the Event Organiser reserves the right to either offer the Participant a place in a suitable alternative category for such Event or withdraw the offer of a place.
4.7 In the event the Event Organiser withdraws the offer of a place to the Participant in the Event for any reason at any time it will provide the Participant with a full refund of the Fee, with no further liability whatsoever arising from such withdrawal. Notwithstanding this clause 4.7 no refund shall be made where otherwise set out herein (including for the avoidance of doubt clauses 2.3, 2.8 and 2.14).
4.8 The Event Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event format or cancel the Event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. In the event of the Event being cancelled it shall provide the Participant with a full refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation, if the event is changed to another format the Participant will not be entitled to any refund and there shall be no further liability whatsoever arising from such change of format
4.9 The withdrawal policy set out in this clause 4 does not apply to Charity Pledge Place Participants whose places are the property of the charity.
Event Organiser Responsibilities/Liability 5.1 Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions the Event Organiser shall not be liable to the Participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the Participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submitting the Entry Form) arising out of the Participant taking part in the Event or any other matter arising under these Conditions nor for an aggregate amount greater than the Fee paid by the Participant. Without limiting the foregoing, the Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties unless otherwise set out herein.
5.2 Accordingly the Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably renounces, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claims whatsoever against the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, suppliers and/or sponsors and/or persons for whom it is answerable (“Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage of whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and caused by an event in any way relating to the Participant’s participation in Event, and the Participant hereby undertakes, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title to indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organiser, and the Associated Parties for any costs and/or amount which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of any recourse or claim aforesaid by whomsoever made. The Participant also agrees to indemnify the Event Organiser and the Associated Parties for any claim, actions, liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of the Participant’s declarations above and/or the Participant’s negligent acts or omissions and/or wilful misconduct.
5.3 Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Event Organiser: 5.3.1 for death or personal injury caused by the Event Organiser’s negligence;
5.3.2 for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
5.3.3 for any matter which it would be illegal for the Event Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
5.4 This clause 5 shall be read and construed and shall have effect subject to any limitation imposed by any applicable law.
Publicity and Results 6.1 The Participant irrevocably consents to:
6.1.1 his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these Conditions; and
6.1.2 the use and reproduction of the Participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
6.2 Any film, photographs (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of the Event Organiser, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the Event Organiser, these Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the Participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give affect thereto. Accordingly any such recording shall not be used other than for private use without the Event Organiser’s prior written consent.
6.3 The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
General 7.1 These Conditions (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the Entry Form (and the documents referred to in it) it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Conditions.
7.2 Nothing in these Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
7.3 No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
7.4 To the extent permitted by law all provisions of these Conditions shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these Conditions so far as possible.
7.5 These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts.