Endurance racing over 24hrs, with categories which include solo, pairs and teams 4 or 8. Relentless 24 has become a classic on any 24 hour MTB specialists calendar, whether your specialty is non-stop riding for 24 hours, or non-stop socializing and swapping riders for 24 hours (if you are taking part in a team!). What’s not to like? The race takes place in Forestry Commission Scotland’s Leanachan Forest and Nevis Range’s world class tracks, matched with world class facilities in the beautiful surroundings of the Outdoor Capital of the UK all the while with the recognisibly relaxed and ftiendly atmosphere that comes with a No Fuss event.
RE24 takes place in October, when the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. - after the clocks have gone back, making the night even longer and making the challenge even tougher. It's also close to Hallowe'en, so you never know who or what's hiding in those trees?
Please note early bird price close at midday on the 9/12/16.
Relentless Exposure 24 takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at Nevis Range from 8.30am until 11am on Saturday 28th October, 2017.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and your free t-shirt - don't forget to order yours when you enter!
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1130am on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend.
There will be a First Aid team on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal/feed stations throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes.
There will be a light charging facility available for all riders to use, free of charge.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities will be available on location.
The Course will be announced approximately 2 weeks before the event. Expect rocks, roots, perhaps a river and whatever the weather can throw at us.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Entry1) Who? What? Me? - Jemma Wheatley
2) Anna Blair/Cyclehighlands - Anna Blair
3) Couch to 24hr - Tom Howard
4) WaltArt / Cyclehighlands, Ballater - Scott Sutherland-Thomson
5) Fast Fraser - Fraser Cameron
6) David Robinson - David Robinson
7) Enjoyro :) - Liam Hutson
8) Chase Trails - David Pearson
9) Chase Trails - Andrew Humpheson
10) cyclehighlands.com - wayne Blair
11) justonbike - Justin Atkinson
12) NETCO - Tom Jenkins
13) Slow Sparky - Grant Gillies
14) It's Just A Hill Get Over It - David Hill
15) One more lap.... - Alan Harbisher
16) Team Hunky - Jonny Kenyon
17) Gordon Anderson - Gordon Anderson
18) 4 more laps than last time - Shaun Cunningham
19) Oulu Triathlon & Cycling - Matti Tahkola
20) Ewen Lamont - Ewen Lamont
21) meet4rides.com - Richard Wake
22) Boaty McBoatface Bought a Bike - steve clayton
23) Patoche04 - Patrick GOUARD
24) Team jmc - Tom Hodgkinson
25) Pigeon Pie - Peter Boyd
26) Team JMC - Richie Scott
27) Yer Da sells Avon - Niall Pairman
28) Team JMC - Carl Salisbury
29) You Can Sport - Craig Coull
30) Simon Rowe - Simon Rowe
31) Recreational Wreckage - RORY MACDONALD
32) 18 Bikes - Ian Fitzpatrick
33) HERBIE'S HILLBILIES.... - Roddy Weir
34) A Goonie - Euan Patrick
35) @RACING - Tom Archer
36) Andrew Hutcheson - Andrew Hutcheson
37) New Triathlon - Blair Cartmell
38) Brian Rourkes Cycles - Chris Howell
39) Saints Ciclista Wannabe - Daniel Clarke
40) Dougal Brown - Dougal Brown
41) The Saint - Colin Sinclair
42) 59 Degrees North - Graham Bichan
43) Drumburgh Hero - Steven Simpson
44) Basecamp Bikes/Merida/BawbagsUnderwear - Kyle Beattie
45) Evans Cycles - Nick Owen
46) Mountain Destroying Monkey - Dave Jackson
47) The Mack Attack Mobster - Gary Mackenzie
48) Team JMC - Keith Kitchen
49) caberfeidh wheelers - marty ross
50) Termon Wheelers - Michael Holland
51) Team KTR - Andris Skuja
52) Jasser - Jason Murphy
53) E3C / ldlr.im - Stephen Kelly
54) Rock and Road Cycles - Kenny Young
55) Team Phenomenal - Lawrence Webster
56) Team STUPID - Alan Cole
57) Two feet and a heart beat - Guy Whaley
Pairs Entry58) Garage Bikes - Hannah Collingridge
59) Garage Bikes - joolze Dymond
60) Garage Bikes / Singletrack - Sarah shaw
61) Garage Bikes / Singletrack - Vicki Alker
62) Wheely Tyred - Yvonne Clark
63) Wheely Tyred - Susannah Wilson
64) Sandy Wallace Cycles - Naomi Freireich
65) Sandy Wallace Cycles - Nienke Oostra
66) fish & kiwi - jason hammersley
67) fish & kiwi - john [fish] morton
68) Twisted Cogs - Ben Preston
69) Twisted Cogs - James Jackson
70) Merchants of Pain - Craig ODonnell
71) Merchants of Pain - Richard Skipworth
72) No holiday - scott ramsay
73) No holiday - graham forbes
74) Team JMC - Andy Watson
75) Team JMC - Andrew Burgess
76) Misfitss - Allan Campbell
77) Misfitss - Douglas Hain
78) M.E.T.Athlete meets #justdaestuff - Stuart Macleod
79) M.E.T.Athlete meets #justdaestuff - James McCallum
80) Off-road Virgins - Iain Docwra
81) Off-road Virgins - Ross Flatman
82) 24 Spline - Jamie Hope
83) 24 Spline - Alistair Davidson
84) postman pat pro factory racing team - douglas carchrie
85) postman pat pro factory racing team - fraser gillies
86) Wood plant hire - Dan Wood
87) Wood plant hire - Allan Matheson
88) Wood butchers - Paul Campbell
89) Wood butchers - Calum Maciver
90) Gorilles Sur Bicyclette - Ian Godber
91) Gorilles Sur Bicyclette - Liam McHugh
92) Frattelis McC - Stewart Mcconnell
93) Frattelis McC - Martin Mcconnell
94) Sub zero heroes - Gordon Taylor
95) Sub zero heroes - David Threadgold
96) Endurance Collective - Rich Rothwell
97) Endurance Collective - Martin Graham
98) Special K & Shithead - Keziah Higgins
99) Special K & Shithead - Richard Bannister
100) Racedate App - Find your next event! - Tim Colebrooke
101) Racedate App - Find your next event! - Diana Colebrooke
102) Rock and Road - Katherine Simpson
103) Rock and Road - Tony Bancewicz
Team of Four Entry104) wheely useless - tansy grigor-taylor
105) wheely useless - joanna lockley
106) wheely useless - lauren glasgow
107) wheely useless - helen lamond
108) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - James Stephenson
109) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - Andi Dunkel
110) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - Hendry McNicol
111) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - Craig Christie
112) SAINTS CICLISTA - Craig Webster
113) SAINTS CICLISTA - Gav Pitts
114) SAINTS CICLISTA - Allan Mill
115) SAINTS CICLISTA - Duncan Cox
116) Marginal Aims 2 - Stephen McHugh
117) Marginal Aims 2 - William Snow
118) Marginal Aims 2 - Simon Bowden
119) Marginal Aims 2 - Simon Sharp
120) Fishface Cycles Race Team - Karl Fisher
121) Fishface Cycles Race Team - Steve Hayward
122) Fishface Cycles Race Team - Richard Wilson
123) Fishface Cycles Race Team - Ian Jones
124) XXXX - David McLeod
125) XXXX - David Arnot
126) XXXX - Al Bell
127) XXXX - Ross Martin
128) Team Slingshot - Dale Robertson
129) Team Slingshot - Dave Yeats
130) Team Slingshot - Greig Morrice
131) Team Slingshot - Scott Shaw
132) 3soulsracing - alastair masson
133) 3soulsracing - max nicholson
134) 3soulsracing - guy jones
135) 3soulsracing - isaac fishwick
136) Jammy Dodgers - charles smith
137) Jammy Dodgers - fiona harfield
138) Jammy Dodgers - Shuna mayes
139) Jammy Dodgers - al cameron
140) Barnsley chops tha knows - Ian Thompson
141) Barnsley chops tha knows - John Sylvester
142) Barnsley chops tha knows - Gary Ashworth
143) Barnsley chops tha knows - Simon David Booth
144) Team Dumb - James Fowler
145) Team Dumb - Pawel Pawlowska
146) Team Dumb - Jason MacDonald
147) Team Dumb - Keri McCully
Team of Eight Entry148) Benmore - Cameron Wood
149) Benmore - Emma Tilsten
150) Benmore - Nicola Howell
151) Benmore - Paul Bailey
152) Benmore - Sean Rogers-Jones
153) Benmore - TBC UCI duties
154) Benmore - Tom Dean-Gately
155) Benmore - Paul Bailey
156) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Jim Sutherland
157) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Tom Macgowan
158) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Ruairidh Ross
159) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Kenny McGougan
160) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Rachel Knight
161) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Jas Hepburn
162) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Lorna Crane
163) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Scott Wilson
Solo Singlespeed Entry164) Team JMC - Lisa Scott
165) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
166) Sandy Wallace Cycles www.swc.co.uk - David (Singlespeed) Glover
167) The Green Jersey - Philip Wade
168) Stadium Riders - Andrew Beever
169) 59 Degrees North - David Farrer
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1130 on Saturday for all team captains/team leaders, although all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader (this will be understood to be No 1 on entry form to handle all official matters including pre event meeting, picking up registration packs, making sure all teammates have correct numbers and have completed any paperwork etc.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing. In order for laps to count riders must pass through the transition area and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with transition officials prior to starting their lap. Please adhere to the NO RIDE RULES in transition areas. Riders should only use solo riders area if they are in that class.
4. If a team member wishes to do two laps in a row it essential that they cross through the transition area to ensure their time is recorded by the timing officials.
5. Each team member and solo rider must complete a minimum of one lap. Teams will be penalized a lap for each lap not completed by each member except in the case of injury which must be reported to race official who will make final decision.
6. If a team member cannot complete his or her lap, the team has the option of starting the lap over with a new rider. They will however, lose the distance and time of the uncompleted lap. The replacement rider must check in with timing official prior to starting the lap.
7. For obvious safety reasons there is no reverse riding on the course.
8. Teammates may cannibalize each others bikes or swap if necessary. Riders may accept mechanical support on the course by any other registered rider, transition and camp areas is the only area where assistance from support crews is acceptable.
9. Riders may accept food and water from anyone on the course.
10. We strongly suggest that each team and solo rider have a support crew of at least 1 or 2 persons who are not taking part to assist with various jobs such as orginsing transitions, cooking and assisting with mechanical problems.
11. Please camp responsibly and be aware of other users in the car park.
12. Riders will require lights, which must be at least 4 watts and be secured to bikes or helmet. NO FUSS will have final say when lights should be used.
13. When lighting is required it will be against the rules for riders to ride with their lights out to save batteries. Riders violating this rule will have their current lap nullified.
14. Only riders officially entered in the event or designated as “Official Course Marshals” may ride the designated course.
15. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike in the race area ( not just when it is your lap)
16. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
17. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
18. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of the solo rider or the entire team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
19. Riders who are riding their bikes have the right of way over those who are pushing their bikes. Where practicable riders pushing should stay on the least rideable portion of the path when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
20. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
21. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to the transition official so that your teams next rider may commence their lap. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a lap time in accordance with your or your teams average times which ever is the faster. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules