Welcome to Ski-an-duro (or more properly Sgian-dubh-ro) new to our calender for 2018, Ski-an-duro is a classic combination, mixing up snow and ski cross with mounatin bike enduro.
No Fuss Events and Nevisrange are to stage what they say is their first ever ski/board enduro and then mountain-bike enduro race in March 2018.
The race is scheduled to take place on the 17th March. The all new race will be open to 150 Individuals and a limited number of teams.
The format is simple:
Two stages with your combined time giving you a grid position for the final mass start stage.
Stage One, A classic enduro stage utilising one of the many legendary stages at Nevisrange.
Stage Two, The snowsport stage utilising the mountains terrain and maximising the existing snow cover this stage is for skiers or boarders and will present a course as demanding as conditions will allow.
Stage Three, The mass start race from as high on the mountain as conditions will allow, participants will race to the designated transition area before changing to mountain bike and descending the mountain using parts of the world famous mountain bike downhill course and other classic enduro routes that the mountain has to offer.
Ski-an-duro takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at the Pinemartin Cafe, Nevis Range from 0800 am until 10 am on Saturday 17th March, 2018.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and lift pass.
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1000 on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend. At the race briefing participants will be advised of stages for the day.
Stage 1 Open from 1030 - 1230
Stage 2 Open from 1330-1530
Stage 3 Mass Start 1630
The race will be timed using sportident timing system, riders/skiers/boarder need to make themselves aware of how the system works and how to use efficiently.
There will be on site medical practitoners for the duration of the event provided be Ski Patrol and Muddy Medics will be on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes, boards and skis.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe and on the mountain for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities are available on location.
Please Note that in the event of bad weather the event will be rescheduled to Sunday the 25th of March.
It is important that participants register acurate email addresses and look for information in the week leading up to the race.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Ride Bikes / Flare Clothing - JENNY NUTTALL
2) Flow Riders - Jen Price
3) Flow Riders - Gillian McNeill
4) Flow Rider - Emily Monk
5) West Highlad Wheelers - Ailsa Pooleman
6) Flowriders - Jess Ledingham
7) Progression Bikes Racing - Lynette Deacon
8) Gnarly Dudes - Louise Whitehead
9) @girlwithasingletrackmind @ridingswitch - Catherine Hart
10) Bikes, Boards & Blethers - Zara Kane
11) Vyking Energy - Samantha Pickard Pickard
12) Basecamp Bikes - Elena Melton
13) Muddy Flappers - Emma Knight
14) Muddy Flappers - Rebecca Preece
15) Muddy Flappers - Sarah Grimshaw
16) SAZ - Saz Reed
17) - Anna Morrissey
18) Nevis Cycles - fiona Beattie
19) Flotec Suspension - Mikayla Parton
20) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
21) The Elliott Boys - Sam Elliott
22) The Elliott Boys - Steve Elliott
23) Icycles - lewis cowe
24) Progression bikes racing - neil whittet
25) full gas - neil fraser
26) Team McGraw - Graham Johnston
27) Stevie ruffekl - Steven Ruffell
28) Team McCann - Chris McCann
29) Rough rider - Fraser Kingscott
30) Monsterbike - Greg Mathieson
31) Mast Riders - Kyle Thomson
32) BTR - Moray Goodfellow
33) GoNorth - Neil Mackintosh
34) Bike Craft Cartel - Euan Taylor
35) West Higland Wheelers - Ian Pooleman
36) Haddy lads - Joel Paterson
37) Pangolin Racing - Matthew Miller
38) A DOC - Aidan Doherty
39) GoNorth - Robert Grant
40) Gnarly Dudes - Murray Flett
41) Gnarly Dudes - Angus Robinson
42) >< - Mark Bisset
43) Gnarly Dudes - Mike Ashcroft
44) Greg c - Greg Campbell
45) @Dan_Lead - Daniel Leadbetter
46) Easy - Russ Lamberty
47) KTNR - Daniel Braund
48) Cotic - Richard Baybutt
49) i-cycles - Angus Hamilton
50) Strath MB - Ben Kirkland
51) Don't Panic - Felix Maddison
52) Strath MB - Conan Finch
53) Bespoke Bikes - Pete Hoggan
54) MAC-Stuart McAviney - Stuart McAviney
55) David Ayling - David Ayling
56) Lakes Riders - Mathew Wilson
57) MacNaughton - Gregor MacNaughton
58) Ae Bike Shop - James Miodonski
59) Vyking Energy - Abe Watkinson
60) Vyking Energy - Robert Pickard
61) Heeftlander - Johnpaul Cunningham
62) Thirsk Massive - Mark Dowson
63) Are you Horseye type? - Daniel Muir
64) Black Salami - Neil Stewart
65) Team Ginge - Tom Leonard
66) Paul Chappells - Paul Chappells
67) Daft Dad - Tim ONeal
68) Jackson Racing - Stuart Connolly
69) les pinnerz factory skiduro team - douglas carchrie
70) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Jon Mitchell
71) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Colin Inglis
72) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Lee Summers
73) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - James Sorrie
74) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Jamie Carchrie
75) Jackson Racing - Fraser Rae
76) Lonesome Racing - Daniel Woodward
77) I shouldn’t be doing this! - Steven Vaughan
78) Feelin Supersonic - Andrew Macpherson
79) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Adam Ferguson
80) Muckmedden - Fraser Urquhart
81) Aw the Gear.. Nae Idear - Gordon O’Hare
82) The lone wolf - Kevin Hearmon
83) Team Ginge - Simon Bruce
84) Culburnie Ski bike racing - Alasdair Rothe
85) Basecamp Bikes / The Cycle Jersey - Donald Rodgers
86) Shut up legs - Paul Wilson
87) mikes bikes aviemore - james welding
88) Bikes And Beer - Ben Stead
89) Bikes And Beer - Jordan Cavalier
90) Bikes And Beer - Nathan Cavalier
91) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - David George
92) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - DAMIEN Nosella
93) Rex Racing - Simon Goodwin
94) Chocolatiers Edward & Irwyn - Bob Slaney
95) Rex Racing - Nick Barber
96) Alpine Al - Alistair Docherty
97) Mast Riders - Alexander Roger
98) Dizzy Rossco - Ross Black
99) Spenceley - Dougal Spenceley
100) Heeftlander - Paul Jameson
101) Black Salami - Matt Hale
102) northern downhill - philip grimes
103) NDH - Carl Davison
104) Philsgotavagina - Michael Elstob
105) Bad Decision Society - William Greer
106) Team BSP - ben smith-price
107) Kingud/Theframedbicycleco - Zac Lester
108) #enduroriders - David McLoughlin
109) #enduroriders - Craig Taylor
110) Black salami - Ed Rider. .
111) Calumino - Calum MacLean
112) Big Dave - Dave Harcourt
113) Thirsk massive - Ian Ashby
114) CUMT Alumni - George May
115) CUMT Alumni - James Dickson
116) ¡¡BTR!! - Sean Dugan
117) CK - Calum King
118) Ak - Andrew Kneeshaw
119) Crack Cleaners - Sean Robertson
120) Innes Mac - Innes MacLellan
121) the dudes - fergus lamb
122) Bike Doctor Stirling - Craig Letton
123) Mike's Bikes Aviemore - Murray Watson
124) John charlton - John Charlton
Team125) Go jimbob go! - Ian Wrigley
126) Go jimbob go! - James Hume
127) Team JMC - Andrew Burgess
128) Team JMC - TBC TBC
129) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Charlie Barrow
130) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Miginty Migonaguls
131) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Smithers Smith
132) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Pie Eddie
133) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Seadog MacDonald
134) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Swifty Smith
135) Rapid Descent - Paul Gardner
136) Rapid Descent - James Hall
137) lmmortal 2 pies - douglas campbell
138) lmmortal 2 pies - peter boyd
139) MEAT &VEG - Mark Watson
140) MEAT &VEG - Mark Hearmon
141) Dangerous Bros 1 - stewart logan
142) Dangerous Bros 1 - fraser logan
143) Dangerous Bros 2 - brian logan
144) Dangerous Bros 2 - Graham Wilson
145) I agreed to what? - Mark Anderson
146) I agreed to what? - Graeme Steel
147) What's the worst..... - James Urquhart
148) What's the worst..... - Lindsey Cummings
149) Bill + Bens Adventure!!! - Lee Gibson
150) Bill + Bens Adventure!!! - Edward Thorogood
151) Normvinceable - Norman Clark
152) Normvinceable - Vince Macintosh
153) Paolo and Mario - Mari Cole
154) Paolo and Mario - Peter Thompson
155) Rock and Road - Katherine Needham
156) Rock and Road - Tony Bancewicz
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1000 on Saturday for all , all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip. In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders/skiers/boarders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the intstructions from event staff. Please remember not to get to close to start or finnish gates outwith racing.
4. Please note there is NO practice runs allowed on the bike or ski or board course. Blind racing!
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike skies or board.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the path/piste when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules