Welcome to Ski-an-duro (or more properly Sgian-dubh-ro) new to our calender for 2018, Ski-an-duro is a classic combination, mixing up snow and ski cross with mounatin bike enduro.
No Fuss Events and Nevisrange are to stage what they say is their first ever ski/board enduro and then mountain-bike enduro race in March 2018.
The race is scheduled to take place on the 17th March. The all new race will be open to 150 Individuals and a limited number of teams.
The format is simple:
Two stages with your combined time giving you a grid position for the final mass start stage.
Stage One, A classic enduro stage utilising one of the many legendary stages at Nevisrange.
Stage Two, The snowsport stage utilising the mountains terrain and maximising the existing snow cover this stage is for skiers or boarders and will present a course as demanding as conditions will allow.
Stage Three, The mass start race from as high on the mountain as conditions will allow, participants will race to the designated transition area before changing to mountain bike and descending the mountain using parts of the world famous mountain bike downhill course and other classic enduro routes that the mountain has to offer.
Ski-an-duro takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at the Pinemartin Cafe, Nevis Range from 0800 am until 10 am on Saturday 17th March, 2018.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and lift pass.
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1000 on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend. At the race briefing participants will be advised of stages for the day.
Stage 1 Open from 1030 - 1230
Stage 2 Open from 1330-1530
Stage 3 Mass Start 1630
The race will be timed using sportident timing system, riders/skiers/boarder need to make themselves aware of how the system works and how to use efficiently.
There will be on site medical practitoners for the duration of the event provided be Ski Patrol and Muddy Medics will be on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes, boards and skis.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe and on the mountain for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities are available on location.
Please Note that in the event of bad weather the event will be rescheduled to Sunday the 25th of March.
It is important that participants register acurate email addresses and look for information in the week leading up to the race.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Ride Bikes / Flare Clothing - JENNY NUTTALL
2) Flow Riders - Jen Price
3) Flow Riders - Gillian McNeill
4) Flow Rider - Emily Monk
5) West Highlad Wheelers - Ailsa Pooleman
6) Flowriders - Jess Ledingham
7) Progression Bikes Racing - Lynette Deacon
8) Gnarly Dudes - Louise Whitehead
9) @girlwithasingletrackmind @ridingswitch - Catherine Hart
10) Bikes, Boards & Blethers - Zara Kane
11) Vyking Energy - Samantha Pickard Pickard
12) Basecamp Bikes - Elena Melton
13) Muddy Flappers - Emma Knight
14) Muddy Flappers - Rebecca Preece
15) Muddy Flappers - Sarah Grimshaw
16) SAZ - Saz Reed
17) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
18) The Elliott Boys - Sam Elliott
19) The Elliott Boys - Steve Elliott
20) Icycles - lewis cowe
21) Progression bikes racing - neil whittet
22) full gas - neil fraser
23) Team McGraw - Graham Johnston
24) Stevie ruffekl - Steven Ruffell
25) Team McCann - Chris McCann
26) Rough rider - Fraser Kingscott
27) Monsterbike - Greg Mathieson
28) Mast Riders - Kyle Thomson
29) BTR - Moray Goodfellow
30) GoNorth - Neil Mackintosh
31) Bike Craft Cartel - Euan Taylor
32) West Higland Wheelers - Ian Pooleman
33) Haddy lads - Joel Paterson
34) Pangolin Racing - Matthew Miller
35) A DOC - Aidan Doherty
36) GoNorth - Robert Grant
37) Gnarly Dudes - Murray Flett
38) Gnarly Dudes - Angus Robinson
39) >< - Mark Bisset
40) Gnarly Dudes - Mike Ashcroft
41) Greg c - Greg Campbell
42) @Dan_Lead - Daniel Leadbetter
43) Easy - Russ Lamberty
44) KTNR - Daniel Braund
45) Gareth Rees - Gareth Rees
46) Cotic - Richard Baybutt
47) i-cycles - Angus Hamilton
48) Strath MB - Ben Kirkland
49) Don't Panic - Felix Maddison
50) Strath MB - Conan Finch
51) Bespoke Bikes - Pete Hoggan
52) MAC-Stuart McAviney - Stuart McAviney
53) David Ayling - David Ayling
54) Lakes Riders - Mathew Wilson
55) MacNaughton - Gregor MacNaughton
56) Ae Bike Shop - James Miodonski
57) Vyking Energy - Abe Watkinson
58) Vyking Energy - Robert Pickard
59) Heeftlander - Johnpaul Cunningham
60) Thirsk Massive - Mark Dowson
61) Poco Loco Freeride Team - Gavin Baxter
62) Are you Horseye type? - Daniel Muir
63) Black Salami - Neil Stewart
64) Team Ginge - Tom Leonard
65) Paul Chappells - Paul Chappells
66) Daft Dad - Tim ONeal
67) Jackson Racing - Stuart Connolly
68) les pinnerz factory skiduro team - douglas carchrie
69) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Jon Mitchell
70) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Colin Inglis
71) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Lee Summers
72) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - James Sorrie
73) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Jamie Carchrie
74) Jackson Racing - Fraser Rae
75) Lonesome Racing - Daniel Woodward
76) I shouldn’t be doing this! - Steven Vaughan
77) Feelin Supersonic - Andrew Macpherson
78) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Adam Ferguson
79) Muckmedden - Fraser Urquhart
80) Aw the Gear.. Nae Idear - Gordon O’Hare
81) The lone wolf - Kevin Hearmon
82) Team Ginge - Simon Bruce
83) Sean Mac - Sean Mackay
84) Pollock - Billy Pollock
85) Culburnie Ski bike racing - Alasdair Rothe
86) Basecamp Bikes / The Cycle Jersey - Donald Rodgers
87) Shut up legs - Paul Wilson
88) mikes bikes aviemore - james welding
89) Bikes And Beer - Ben Stead
90) Bikes And Beer - Jordan Cavalier
91) Bikes And Beer - Nathan Cavalier
92) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - David George
93) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - DAMIEN Nosella
94) Rex Racing - Simon Goodwin
95) Chocolatiers Edward & Irwyn - Bob Slaney
96) Rex Racing - Nick Barber
97) Alpine Al - Alistair Docherty
Team98) Go jimbob go! - Ian Wrigley
99) Go jimbob go! - James Hume
100) Team JMC - Andrew Burgess
101) Team JMC - TBC TBC
102) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Shorty Bowles
103) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Charlie Barrow
104) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Miginty Migonaguls
105) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Smithers Smith
106) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Pie Eddie
107) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Seadog MacDonald
108) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Swifty Smith
109) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Joe Morgan
110) Rapid Descent - Paul Gardner
111) Rapid Descent - James Hall
112) lmmortal 2 pies - douglas campbell
113) lmmortal 2 pies - peter boyd
114) MEAT &VEG - Mark Watson
115) MEAT &VEG - Mark Hearmon
116) Dangerous Bros 1 - stewart logan
117) Dangerous Bros 1 - fraser logan
118) Dangerous Bros 2 - brian logan
119) Dangerous Bros 2 - Graham Wilson
120) Paolo and Mario - Mari Cole
121) Paolo and Mario - Peter Thompson
122) Rock and Road - Katherine Needham
123) Rock and Road - Tony Bancewicz
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1000 on Saturday for all , all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip. In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders/skiers/boarders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the intstructions from event staff. Please remember not to get to close to start or finnish gates outwith racing.
4. Please note there is NO practice runs allowed on the bike or ski or board course. Blind racing!
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike skies or board.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the path/piste when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules