Welcome to Ski-an-duro (or more properly Sgian-dubh-ro) new to our calender for 2018, Ski-an-duro is a classic combination, mixing up snow and ski cross with mounatin bike enduro.
No Fuss Events and Nevisrange are to stage what they say is their first ever ski/board enduro and then mountain-bike enduro race in March 2018.
The race is scheduled to take place on the 17th March. The all new race will be open to 150 Individuals and a limited number of teams.
The format is simple:
Two stages with your combined time giving you a grid position for the final mass start stage.
Stage One, A classic enduro stage utilising one of the many legendary stages at Nevisrange.
Stage Two, The snowsport stage utilising the mountains terrain and maximising the existing snow cover this stage is for skiers or boarders and will present a course as demanding as conditions will allow.
Stage Three, The mass start race from as high on the mountain as conditions will allow, participants will race to the designated transition area before changing to mountain bike and descending the mountain using parts of the world famous mountain bike downhill course and other classic enduro routes that the mountain has to offer.
Ski-an-duro takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at the Pinemartin Cafe, Nevis Range from 0800 am until 10 am on Saturday 17th March, 2018.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and lift pass.
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1000 on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend. At the race briefing participants will be advised of stages for the day.
Stage 1 Open from 1030 - 1230
Stage 2 Open from 1330-1530
Stage 3 Mass Start 1630
The race will be timed using sportident timing system, riders/skiers/boarder need to make themselves aware of how the system works and how to use efficiently.
There will be on site medical practitoners for the duration of the event provided be Ski Patrol and Muddy Medics will be on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes, boards and skis.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe and on the mountain for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities are available on location.
Please Note that in the event of bad weather the event will be rescheduled to Sunday the 25th of March.
It is important that participants register acurate email addresses and look for information in the week leading up to the race.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Ride Bikes / Flare Clothing - JENNY NUTTALL
2) Flow Riders - Jen Price
3) Flow Riders - Gillian McNeill
4) Flow Rider - Emily Monk
5) West Highlad Wheelers - Ailsa Pooleman
6) Flowriders - Jess Ledingham
7) Progression Bikes Racing - Lynette Deacon
8) Gnarly Dudes - Louise Whitehead
9) @girlwithasingletrackmind @ridingswitch - Catherine Hart
10) Bikes, Boards & Blethers - Zara Kane
11) Vyking Energy - Samantha Pickard Pickard
12) Basecamp Bikes - Elena Melton
13) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
14) The Elliott Boys - Sam Elliott
15) The Elliott Boys - Steve Elliott
16) Icycles - lewis cowe
17) Progression bikes racing - neil whittet
18) full gas - neil fraser
19) Team McGraw - Graham Johnston
20) Stevie ruffekl - Steven Ruffell
21) Team McCann - Chris McCann
22) Rough rider - Fraser Kingscott
23) Monsterbike - Greg Mathieson
24) Mast Riders - Kyle Thomson
25) BTR - Moray Goodfellow
26) GoNorth - Neil Mackintosh
27) Bike Craft Cartel - Euan Taylor
28) West Higland Wheelers - Ian Pooleman
29) Haddy lads - Joel Paterson
30) Pangolin Racing - Matthew Miller
31) A DOC - Aidan Doherty
32) GoNorth - Robert Grant
33) Gnarly Dudes - Murray Flett
34) Gnarly Dudes - Angus Robinson
35) >< - Mark Bisset
36) Gnarly Dudes - Mike Ashcroft
37) Greg c - Greg Campbell
38) @Dan_Lead - Daniel Leadbetter
39) Easy - Russ Lamberty
40) KTNR - Daniel Braund
41) Gareth Rees - Gareth Rees
42) Cotic - Richard Baybutt
43) i-cycles - Angus Hamilton
44) Strath MB - Ben Kirkland
45) Don't Panic - Felix Maddison
46) Strath MB - Conan Finch
47) Bespoke Bikes - Pete Hoggan
48) MAC-Stuart McAviney - Stuart McAviney
49) David Ayling - David Ayling
50) Lakes Riders - Mathew Wilson
51) MacNaughton - Gregor MacNaughton
52) Ae Bike Shop - James Miodonski
53) Vyking Energy - Abe Watkinson
54) Vyking Energy - Robert Pickard
55) Heeftlander - Johnpaul Cunningham
56) Thirsk Massive - Mark Dowson
57) Poco Loco Freeride Team - Gavin Baxter
58) Are you Horseye type? - Daniel Muir
59) Black Salami - Neil Stewart
60) Team Ginge - Tom Leonard
61) Paul Chappells - Paul Chappells
62) Daft Dad - Tim ONeal
63) Jackson Racing - Stuart Connolly
64) les pinnerz factory skiduro team - douglas carchrie
65) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Jon Mitchell
66) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Colin Inglis
67) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Lee Summers
68) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - James Sorrie
69) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Jamie Carchrie
70) Jackson Racing - Fraser Rae
71) Lonesome Racing - Daniel Woodward
72) I shouldn’t be doing this! - Steven Vaughan
73) Feelin Supersonic - Andrew Macpherson
Team74) Go jimbob go! - Ian Wrigley
75) Go jimbob go! - James Hume
76) Team JMC - Andrew Burgess
77) Team JMC - TBC TBC
78) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Shorty Bowles
79) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Charlie Barrow
80) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Miginty Migonaguls
81) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Smithers Smith
82) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Pie Eddie
83) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Seadog MacDonald
84) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Swifty Smith
85) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Joe Morgan
86) Rapid Descent - Paul Gardner
87) Rapid Descent - James Hall
88) Paolo and Mario - Mari Cole
89) Paolo and Mario - Peter Thompson
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1000 on Saturday for all , all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip. In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders/skiers/boarders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the intstructions from event staff. Please remember not to get to close to start or finnish gates outwith racing.
4. Please note there is NO practice runs allowed on the bike or ski or board course. Blind racing!
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike skies or board.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the path/piste when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules