PLEASE NOTE THAT SKI AN DURO HAS NOW BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY THE 25TH OF MARCH
Welcome to Ski-an-duro (or more properly Sgian-dubh-ro) new to our calender for 2018, Ski-an-duro is a classic combination, mixing up snow and ski cross with mounatin bike enduro.
No Fuss Events and Nevisrange are to stage what they say is their first ever ski/board enduro and then mountain-bike enduro race in March 2018.
The race is scheduled to take place on the 17th March. The all new race will be open to 150 Individuals and a limited number of teams.
The format is simple:
Two stages with your combined time giving you a grid position for the final mass start stage.
Stage One, A classic enduro stage utilising one of the many legendary stages at Nevisrange.
Stage Two, The snowsport stage utilising the mountains terrain and maximising the existing snow cover this stage is for skiers or boarders and will present a course as demanding as conditions will allow.
Stage Three, The mass start race from as high on the mountain as conditions will allow, participants will race to the designated transition area before changing to mountain bike and descending the mountain using parts of the world famous mountain bike downhill course and other classic enduro routes that the mountain has to offer.
Ski-an-duro takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at the Pinemartin Cafe, Nevis Range from 0730 am until 10 am on Saturday 17th March, 2018.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and lift pass.
Please note that the Pinemartin will be open from 0700.
Registration will be open from 0730
Mandatory Race briefing will be at the Pinemartin Cafe at 0745.
Bike Stage Open practice 0800 - 1000
Bike Seeding Runs 1000 - 1200.
Please note that on completion of bike seeding, participants will be required to make their way up the mountain with bike and snow sports equipment.
Snow sports practice will be open from 1100 - 1330
Snow sports seeding 1300 - 1515
1530 All participants depart the top station.
1615 Grid Positions for Mass Start
1630 Race Start.
The race will be timed using sportident timing system, riders/skiers/boarder need to make themselves aware of how the system works and how to use efficiently.
There will be on site medical practitoners for the duration of the event provided be Ski Patrol and Muddy Medics will be on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes, boards and skis.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe and on the mountain for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities are available on location.
Please Note that in the event of bad weather the event will be rescheduled to Sunday the 18th of March.
It is important that participants register acurate email addresses and look for information in the week leading up to the race.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Ride Bikes / Flare Clothing - JENNY NUTTALL
2) Flow Riders - Jen Price
3) Flow Riders - Gillian McNeill
4) Flow Rider - Emily Monk
5) West Highlad Wheelers - Ailsa Pooleman
6) Flowriders - Jess Ledingham
7) Progression Bikes Racing - Lynette Deacon
8) Gnarly Dudes - Louise Whitehead
9) @girlwithasingletrackmind @ridingswitch - Catherine Hart
10) Bikes, Boards & Blethers - Zara Kane
11) Vyking Energy - Samantha Pickard Pickard
12) Basecamp Bikes - Elena Melton
13) Muddy Flappers - Emma Knight
14) Muddy Flappers - Rebecca Preece
15) Muddy Flappers - Sarah Grimshaw
16) SAZ - Saz Reed
17) - Anna Morrissey
18) Nevis Cycles - fiona Beattie
19) Flotec Suspension - Mikayla Parton
20) Descent World - louise ferguson
21) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
22) The Elliott Boys - Sam Elliott
23) The Elliott Boys - Steve Elliott
24) Icycles - lewis cowe
25) Progression bikes racing - neil whittet
26) full gas - neil fraser
27) Team McGraw - Graham Johnston
28) Stevie ruffekl - Steven Ruffell
29) Team McCann - Chris McCann
30) Rough rider - Fraser Kingscott
31) Monsterbike - Greg Mathieson
32) Mast Riders - Kyle Thomson
33) BTR - Moray Goodfellow
34) GoNorth - Neil Mackintosh
35) Bike Craft Cartel - Euan Taylor
36) West Higland Wheelers - Ian Pooleman
37) Haddy lads - Joel Paterson
38) Pangolin Racing - Matthew Miller
39) A DOC - Aidan Doherty
40) GoNorth - Robert Grant
41) Gnarly Dudes - Murray Flett
42) Gnarly Dudes - Angus Robinson
43) >< - Mark Bisset
44) Gnarly Dudes - Mike Ashcroft
45) Greg c - Greg Campbell
46) @Dan_Lead - Daniel Leadbetter
47) Easy - Russ Lamberty
48) KTNR - Daniel Braund
49) Cotic - Richard Baybutt
50) i-cycles - Angus Hamilton
51) Strath MB - Ben Kirkland
52) Don't Panic - Felix Maddison
53) Strath MB - Conan Finch
54) Bespoke Bikes - Pete Hoggan
55) MAC-Stuart McAviney - Stuart McAviney
56) David Ayling - David Ayling
57) Lakes Riders - Mathew Wilson
58) MacNaughton - Gregor MacNaughton
59) Ae Bike Shop - James Miodonski
60) Vyking Energy - Abe Watkinson
61) Vyking Energy - Robert Pickard
62) Heeftlander - Johnpaul Cunningham
63) Thirsk Massive - Mark Dowson
64) Are you Horseye type? - Daniel Muir
65) Black Salami - Neil Stewart
66) Team Ginge - Tom Leonard
67) Paul Chappells - Paul Chappells
68) Daft Dad - Tim ONeal
69) Jackson Racing - Stuart Connolly
70) les pinnerz factory skiduro team - douglas carchrie
71) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Jon Mitchell
72) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Colin Inglis
73) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Lee Summers
74) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - James Sorrie
75) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Jamie Carchrie
76) Jackson Racing - Fraser Rae
77) Lonesome Racing - Daniel Woodward
78) I shouldn’t be doing this! - Steven Vaughan
79) Feelin Supersonic - Andrew Macpherson
80) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Adam Ferguson
81) Muckmedden - Fraser Urquhart
82) Aw the Gear.. Nae Idear - Gordon O’Hare
83) The lone wolf - Kevin Hearmon
84) Team Ginge - Simon Bruce
85) Culburnie Ski bike racing - Alasdair Rothe
86) Basecamp Bikes / The Cycle Jersey - Donald Rodgers
87) Shut up legs - Paul Wilson
88) mikes bikes aviemore - james welding
89) Bikes And Beer - Ben Stead
90) Bikes And Beer - Jordan Cavalier
91) Bikes And Beer - Nathan Cavalier
92) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - David George
93) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - DAMIEN Nosella
94) Rex Racing - Simon Goodwin
95) Chocolatiers Edward & Irwyn - Bob Slaney
96) Rex Racing - Nick Barber
97) Alpine Al - Alistair Docherty
98) Mast Riders - Alexander Roger
99) Dizzy Rossco - Ross Black
100) Spenceley - Dougal Spenceley
101) Heeftlander - Paul Jameson
102) Black Salami - Matt Hale
103) northern downhill - philip grimes
104) NDH - Carl Davison
105) Philsgotavagina - Michael Elstob
106) Bad Decision Society - William Greer
107) Team BSP - ben smith-price
108) Kingud/Theframedbicycleco - Zac Lester
109) #enduroriders - David McLoughlin
110) #enduroriders - Craig Taylor
111) Black salami - Ed Rider. .
112) Calumino - Calum MacLean
113) Big Dave - Dave Harcourt
114) Thirsk massive - Ian Ashby
115) CUMT Alumni - George May
116) CUMT Alumni - James Dickson
117) ¡¡BTR!! - Sean Dugan
118) CK - Calum King
119) Ak - Andrew Kneeshaw
120) Crack Cleaners - Sean Robertson
121) Innes Mac - Innes MacLellan
122) the dudes - fergus lamb
123) Bike Doctor Stirling - Craig Letton
124) Mike's Bikes Aviemore - Murray Watson
125) John charlton - John Charlton
126) Tarbert MTB - Daz Brown
127) Jackson Racing - Chris Parry
Team128) Go jimbob go! - Ian Wrigley
129) Go jimbob go! - James Hume
130) Team JMC - Andrew Burgess
131) Team JMC - TBC TBC
132) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Charlie Barrow
133) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Miginty Migonaguls
134) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Smithers Smith
135) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Pie Eddie
136) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Seadog MacDonald
137) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Swifty Smith
138) Rapid Descent - Paul Gardner
139) Rapid Descent - James Hall
140) lmmortal 2 pies - douglas campbell
141) lmmortal 2 pies - peter boyd
142) MEAT &VEG - Mark Watson
143) MEAT &VEG - Mark Hearmon
144) Dangerous Bros 1 - stewart logan
145) Dangerous Bros 1 - fraser logan
146) Dangerous Bros 2 - brian logan
147) Dangerous Bros 2 - Graham Wilson
148) I agreed to what? - Mark Anderson
149) I agreed to what? - Graeme Steel
150) What's the worst..... - James Urquhart
151) What's the worst..... - Lindsey Cummings
152) Bill + Bens Adventure!!! - Lee Gibson
153) Bill + Bens Adventure!!! - Edward Thorogood
154) Normvinceable - Norman Clark
155) Normvinceable - Vince Macintosh
156) Paolo and Mario - Mari Cole
157) Paolo and Mario - Peter Thompson
158) Rock and Road - Katherine Needham
159) Rock and Road - Tony Bancewicz
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 0745 on Saturday for all , all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip. In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders/skiers/boarders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the intstructions from event staff. Please remember not to get to close to start or finnish gates outwith racing.
4. Please note there is NO practice runs allowed on the bike or ski or board course. Blind racing!
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike skies or board.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the path/piste when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules