Online entries are now closed. Registration opens at 0800 on Saturday, you will be able to sign on and enter on the day.
Dunoon Presents is delighted that the Toward Tour is a family friendly and inclusive introduction to the Cowal Sportive in 2016. Entry Fee is £5 per family.
Please note that families will enter as a family and that there is an expectation that they will ride as a family and as such will be allocated one timing chip. The family cycle starts at Midday and registration is open from 0800.
Dunoon Presents and No Fuss apologise for any previous confusion and families affected will be reimbursed at registration.
An eclectic range of fully supported Sportive routes around the Cowal Peninsula for cyclists of all abilities!
The Cowal Peninsula Sportive
As part of the ongoing introduction of high end outdoor sporting events in the Dunoon area, we are delighted to announce the second Road Cycling Sportive.
On Saturday 16th July Dunoon town centre will come alive as the start/finish point for what will be a spectacular sporting occasion when groups of cyclists will head off around the stunning roads on the Cowal Peninsula.
The routes offer stunning scenery an excellent road conditions including some of the smoothest tarmac in any location across the country. The Cowal Peninsula Sportive is a challenge that every cyclist will relish.
The event offers a comprehensive event infrastructure including full route signage, marshals at main junctions, electronic timing, food stops, shower facilities, first aid provision, goody bags for participants and a broom wagon. There may even be a wee after party......
Why not make a weekend of it ? The Cowal Peninsula and the town of Dunoon offers loads to see and do.
Visit : www.dunoonpresents.co.uk for ideas on activities and accommodation.
Registration will beon Dunoon Peir from 8am until 10am. Riders will be set of in small groups between 8.30am and 10.30am. This is normal on an open road sportive to prevent large groups cycling on the road.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
77 miles1) Cunningham - Linda Cunningham
2) Aloha Racing - Nienke Oostra
3) GOTCC - Iain Rodger
4) Fedor Bunge - Fedor Bunge
5) Cunningham - Alastair Cunningham
6) Goodnight Vienna - John Orr
7) Canyon Zipvit Gray - Alan Gray
8) Team Tourrettes - Andrew Nicholl
9) Team Tourette's - Ramsay Young
10) Team Tourettes - Andrew Sinclair
11) Team Lotto-Stove Experience - Peter Hendry
12) Broom Wagon Velo - Alasdair Currie
13) The Bobby Dazzlers - Robert Dolan
14) The Bobby Dazzlers - Kenneth Davey
15) Bobby Dazzlers - Robert Mitchell
16) Pelotoning - Alastair Paton
17) Pelotoning - Brett Loudfoot
18) Pelotoning - Arran Roycroft
19) Pelotoning - Ross Flatman
20) Burgh Mammals - Cameron Caskie
21) GTC - Brian Forbes
22) Glasgow Triathlon Club - Annibale Coia
23) ctc - james mccarron
24) Lee Bank CC - Tom Witham
25) Sleazy Wheelers - Barry Stewart
26) Team Nurse - Mark Connelly
27) Team Nurse - Chris Kerr
28) MVS - robert ballantyne
29) Pin it ya Fairy - Graeme McNee
30) The Team With No Name - James Picksley
31) Airdrie Cycle Club - Alistair Kyle
32) Tollx Wee Men - David Dick
33) Lads in Lycra - Steven Foster
34) Nae Mates - David Morton
35) Lads in Lycra - Andrew Morrison
36) Wheel Things - Allan Brisbane
37) Ross Milvenan - Ross Milvenan
38) Arria Wheelers - Alexandria Waddington
39) Arria Wheelers - Gail Fielder
40) Arria Wheelers - Julie Yule
41) Arria Wheelers - Grant Sneddon
42) Arria Wheelers - Malcolm McFatter
43) Arria Wheelers - Anna Mcfatter
44) Arria Wheelers - Kenneth Cochrane
55 Miles45) Gets there eventually - Lynne Coia
46) Cowal Rider - Gwen Dalgleish
47) Caskie Mammals - Karena Caskie
48) Mid-Argyll Tri &Cycle Club - Carol Lawson
49) Pure Insanity - Sue Allen
50) Pure insanity - Minnie Allen
51) Ken batty - Kenneth Batty
52) The bobby dazzlers - Ronnie Campbell
53) BM - Brian Aitken
54) Old enough to know better - Valerie Machin
55) Old enough to know better - Valerie Machin
56) immortal two pies - peter boyd
57) immortal two pies - peter boyd
58) The Muffin Stuffers - Brendon Wallace
59) The Muffin Stuffers - Ben Taylor
31 Miles60) lone pie man - graham campbell
61) Cairns - Gus Cairns
62) Mad Matt and Ali Bali - Ali McCrossan
63) Mad Matt and Ali Bali - Matt Evans
Flat 10 miler Family 164) Lisa - Lisa Braham
65) McArthur Murray - Christine Murray
66) McArthur Murray - Mirrin Mcarthur
67) Team Eva - Kirsteen Brown
68) Team Eva - Sheila Anderson
69) Cairns - Sara Cairns
70) The bullwood flyers - Karen Komurcu
71) The Laws - Nicola Law
72) The Laws - Macy Law
73) Powered by Fairy Dust - Jemma Williams
74) Team Eva - Iain Sinclair
75) Team Eva - Eva Galloway
76) Bloor bikers - Marcus Mccoy
77) Bloor bikers - Marcus Mccoy
78) Bloor bikers - Marcus Mccoy
79) The Laws - Jonathan Law
80) The Laws - Sam Law
81) Team Shields - PJ Shields
82) HungryHaggis - Fraser Smith
83) Mac Mac & MiniMac - Alan McLaughlin
84) Mac Mac & MiniMac - Sara McLaughlin
85) Mac Mac & MiniMac - Aimée McLaughlin
86) Pedalpower - Isla Witherow
87) Wobbly Walshes - Morven Walsh
88) wobbly Walshes - David Walsh
89) Wobbly Walshes - Aimee Walsh
90) The Cameron's - Michelle Cameron
Family Member 291) Powered by Fairy Dust - Rhona Williams
92) Team Shields - Nathan Shields
93) HungryHaggis - Kameron Smith
Family Member 394) Powered by Fairy Dust - Alice Williams
95) HungryHaggis - Adam Smith
1. By entering the event you acknowledge that you consider yourself fit to participate and complete the event selected. If you have any doubts about your health or have any known medical conditions you should consult your GP and obtain appropriate medical approval before entering any 2016 No Fuss Events Sportive.
2. You acknowledge that participation in the 2016 No Fuss Events Sportive is entirely at your own risk and that the organisers cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of your participation.
3. When participating in the 2014 No Fuss events Sportive participants agree to observe the Highway code at all times and follow the instruction of appointed event marshals and official as appropriate.4. All riders must display a number supplied by the organiser which should be clearly displayed on your bike or person.
5. All riders will be responsible for the roadworthiness of their bike. The use of tri bars or other bars are strictly forbidden for safety reasons. All riders agree to submit their bike for a mechanical check at the request of the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to withdraw any rider if there are any doubts regarding the roadworthiness of their bike.
6. All riders must wear an approved Cycle Helmet.
7. Participants understand and accept that this event is not a race but a personal challenge. An alphabetical list of finishers and times will be published.
8. All riders are advised to carry appropriate drinks, snacks, spare inner tubes/pump and suitable clothing for wet weather. Riders are advised to carry ID detailing any pre existing medical condition. A mobile phone is also advised in the event of an emergency although various locations on the routes may have poor signal or no signal at all.
9. Riders will be set off in groups at the discretion of the event organisers and under the guidance of the local police authority.
10. No Fuss marshals, helpers and support staff have no authority to stop traffic and are there for your safety, pay attention at all times and please obey there instructions.
11. The event is being held on a public highway where the rights and responsibilities to other road users apply. You are requested to ride in single file where appropropriate, to be aware of your fellow cyclists and other road users and to ride in a manner that is safe for you and all other road users.
12. Detailed route information and maps will be available online but navigation during the event will be your own responsibility.
13. All riders will be supplied with a route card and emergency phone numbers.
14. There will be signage at junctions and marshals at all major junctions however the organiser cannot guarantee that the signs will not be obstructed, removed or interfered with, therefore the organiser recommends participants memorize the route.
15. Food and drink will be provided at the designated feeding stations, however the organiser cannot guarantee supplies and strongly advises that you carry snacks and fluid.
16. Mobile support vehicles in the form of cars or motorbikes are forbidden. There will be mobile mechanical support on route.
17. The event will take place regardless of weather conditions and will only be cancelled or the routes modified if in the opinion of the police or the event organiser an entrants reasonable saftely is at risk.. In the event of cancellation the entry fee is non-refundable.
18. Course closure will be signaled be the passage of the broom wagon along the sportive route. The broom wagon travelling on the designated route will depart from the start point 15min after the last departing group of cyclists and will travel round the course at 15mph. Once the broom wagon passes through junctions any event signage will be removed and any marshals relieved and the course up to that point considered closed for participation in the sportive.
19. The broom wagon will offer transport to cyclists unable to complete the sportive under their own means.
20. In the unlikely event of cancellation no refund will be payable.