Spotograf Pics will be available here
ENTRY = £10 PER PERSON
ENTRIES AND THE WAITING LIST ARE NOW CLOSED.
THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE ALREADY GOT INVOLVED.
2014 is a very special year for No Fuss Events. It is our 10th year of organising sporting events for the masses and so therefore brings us the 10th Ten Under the Ben race. Who's been to them all?? Give us a shout if you have!
We are so happy to have been going for this long (Frazer isn’t so happy about how much balder he is though!) and we are extremely grateful to you No Fussers who keep coming back and bringing new friends along with you! Without you we really would not still be here. As a thank you to you all, the entry fee at 10 Under this year will be just £10! Probably the cheapest MTB race all year.
So, in order to celebrate 10 years of endurance mountain biking in the Highlands, we are going to make sure that Ten Under the Ben 2014 is one hell of a Bash! We will once again be combining Ten Under with some new events, we’ll have live music, great food at the Pinemartin Café and the Dancing Lady will be strutting her stuff at the second annual Fat Tyre Weekend.
Saturday will see all the ‘XC'ers’ battling it out to try and topple current 10 Under machine Greig Brown, who has previously won this race, a lot!! With new tracks currently under construction at Nevis Range the course for 2014 will be a belter, combining classic 10 Under tracks with tasty new stuff.
So don’t miss out, come along and be part of what is going to be a magic weekend on the trails for mountain bikers of all shapes and sizes.
FRIDAY 20th June
1400 - 2100 10 Under the Ben Registration at the No Fuss Marquee at Nevis Range
SATURDAY 21st June – 10 Under the Ben
0600 - 0830 Registration 10 Under the Ben
0845 Mandatory Team captains meeting 10 Under the Ben
0930 Ten Under The Ben Race Start
All Day – Entertainment from Johnathan, The Red Hot Toddies, DJ Maxi Doodles, Coollies, DJ B-Burg, The Dancing Lady, DJ Skimbo…….
1930 Last lap commence 10 Under the Ben
2030 Timing Closed
2100 Medal Ceremony 10 Under
2130 DJ B-Burg
SUNDAY 22nd June – Enduro! Enduro! No practice Enduro race.
0830 – 10.30 Enduro Registration Opens
0900 – 1100 Race Start (leave when you like)
1500 (approx) Last rider back. Prizegiving as soon as everyone is back safely.
Parking + Camping
There will be parking chiefs working the 2 main sites that we are using for parking, please listen to them, they are going to get you all squeezed in!
The 2 sites are the Auction Mart half way up the access road, which should be used in the first instance for camping/caravanning/vanning (there are good toilet facilities and available to use at the Auction Mart). Camping is £5 for the weekend and payable through the No Fuss Shop. The second location is the main Nevis Range car park, where there should be no overnights.
The course will pass by each car park, so setting up your pits at either will be ideal.
There are toilets at the Auction Mart. There will also be mobile toilets and toilet facilities at Nevis Range. There are also showers at Nevis Range wich cost a pound.
Rules and Regulations
It is important that you and your teammates and support crew read these very carefully. Each lap is approximately 10 miles -under 1 hour for the fastest riders, nearly 2 hours for those who are new to the sport or are just that wee bit more careful. The courses will consist of a bit of everything, including wide single track, narrow single track with rocks, roots, mud, fast flowing single track, low gear uphill’s, water crossings, technical ascents and descents, plus fire roads. The event is for solo riders and for teams in a relay format.
1. Mandatory pre-event meeting at 0830 on Saturday for all team captains/team leaders, although all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain/ team leader (this will be understood to be first name entered in team) to handle all official matters including pre event meeting, picking up registration packs, making sure all teammates have correct numbers and have completed any paperwork etc.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear responsibility for their timing. In order for laps to count riders must pass through the transition area and use the chips correctly every time a lap is completed.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with transition officials prior to starting their lap. Please adhere to the NO RIDE RULES in transition areas. Riders should only use solo riders area if they are in that class.
4. If a team member wishes to do two laps in a row it essential that they still ‘dib’ when passing through transition.
5. Each team member and solo rider must complete a minimum of one lap. Teams will be penalised a lap for each lap not completed by each member except in the case of any injury, which must be reported to race official who will make final decision.
6. If a team member cannot complete his or her lap, the team has the option of starting the lap over with a new rider. They will however, lose the distance and time of the uncompleted lap. The replacement rider must check in with timing official prior to starting the lap.
7. For obvious safety reasons there is no reverse riding on the course.
8. Teammates may cannibalise each other’s bikes or swap if necessary. Riders may accept mechanical support on the course by any other registered rider; transition and camp areas is the only area where assistance from support crews is acceptable.
9. Riders may accept food and water from anyone on the course.
10. We strongly suggest that each team and solo rider have a support crew of at least 1 or 2 persons who are not taking part to assist with various jobs such as organsing transitions, cooking and assisting with mechanical problems.
11. Bike wash areas will be available at each event. Toilets and showers will be available throughout the weekend. Please use the toilets provided.
12. If you are planning camping please be aware that there is limited space in the car park at Nevis Range. The ground is almost all hard standing and not easy to get pegs in. Space is allocated at a first come, first serve basis. Camping will also be available at Torlundy Farm, which is around 2 miles cycle on an old forestry access road (tarred).
13. You will need all your own camping supplies. A variety of food (hot and cold meals, soup and snacks) will be available for purchase at the transition area Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check website for event specific updates.
14. Riders may require lights, which must be at least 4 watts and be secured to bikes or helmet. NO FUSS will have final say when lights should be used.
15. If lighting is required it will be against the rules for riders to ride with their lights out to save batteries. Riders violating this rule will have their current lap nullified.
16. Only riders officially entered in the event or designated as “Official Course Marshals” may ride the designated course.
17. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike in the race area (not just when it is your lap).
18. All team captains and solo riders must attend pre-race meeting at 0830 on the Saturday
19. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
20. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behaviour is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
21. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of the solo rider or the entire team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
22. Riders who are riding their bikes have the right of way over those who are pushing their bikes. Where practical, riders pushing should stay on the least rideable portion of the trail when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
23. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, Spook or Fiona). Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
24. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured rider or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing rider who will turn it in to the transition official so that your team’s next rider may commence their lap. You must then complete your lap, report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a lap time in accordance with your or your teams average times, whichever is the faster. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY health and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
25. Dropping of Litter on the course will absolutely not be tolerated and may result in DQ. Leave only tyre tracks!
26. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS (FRAZER, SPOOK and FIONA) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Ostles Tyres - Lisa Cross
2) Ostles Tyres - Lisa Cross
3) Dales Cycles Race Team - Morven Brown
4) Pairs was easier - Liz Peacock
5) Fifeing Eejit - Niall Wallace
6) Velocake - Grant Doig
7) C7 Racing - Richard Mackay
8) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Nigel Morris
9) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Guy Whaley
10) M Steels / Exposure - Rich Rothwell
11) Wild Scottish Pussies - Alex Pearson
12) ABC - Mike Milne
13) cyclehighlands.com - wayne blair
14) WTF - Alan Rodger
15) Velocity Cycle Cafe Inverness - David Jones
16) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Scott Morgan
17) Thomsons Cycles - Graeme Short
18) Raving Mad Mountaineering Team - Mark Lonnen
19) I'm bound to fall off - Stuart bell
20) Ostle's Tyres - Kevin Mitchell
21) Big H - Hendry McNicol
22) hooligan - Dave Jackson
23) Hooligan - Keith Jackson
24) Aberfeldy Cycling Centre - Chris Fairley
25) Lanarkshire Mountain Bike Riders - Gery Gallagher
26) Men Under The Hen - Paul Miller
27) Midlothian CC - Euan Robertson
28) Yorkshire Pudding - Mike Rudd
29) Ostles Tyres - Richie Scott
30) Ostles Tyres - Richie Scott
31) SuperTacky - Andrew Dodds
32) Chris B Frodo - Chris Boles
33) QWERTY - Chris Harrop
34) Tom - Tom Becker
35) Beer if for WINNERS - Scott Mackie
36) Axis of Weasel - Chris Hinds
37) TEAM MGD - DARREN crumpton
38) BorntoBike/Bridgtown Cycles - Mike Hayward
39) Here Come The Belgians - Ben Houldsworth
40) Dong it to escape from the weans - Christopher McConnell
41) GMBC - Robin Jamieson
42) Talldank&lonesome - Andy Williamson
43) RMMT - Adrian Scales
44) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
45) Dair Wear cycling - Iain Dair
46) Dave - David Taggart
47) Dave - David Taggart
48) Freds Big Wheel - Richard Morrison
49) Lanarkshire Mountain Bike Riders - David McNicol
50) Jim Bainbridge - Jim Bainbridge
51) Lanarkshire Mountain Bike Riders - Richard Fielding
52) Glasgow Green Cycle Club (GGCC) - Andrew Dobinson
53) Team Thomsons Cycles - Roger Campbell-Crawford
54) Axis of Weasel - Alec-Angus Macdonald
55) Glasgow Couriers - Alan Linstead
56) Peak Revolutions - Jamie Bell
57) Dales Cycles RT - Allan Doyle
58) GMBC - Jack McCreery
59) SPRA - Martyn Davidson
60) Adam Fenton - Adam Fenton
61) Axis of Weasel - David McCrear
62) Abandon All Hope - Simon Hindle
63) Riding My Luck - Russell McCoull
64) Chronic Weasel Racing - Jamie Dunn
65) 0 - Tom Dawson
66) Tattie Watter - Richard Metcalf
67) The Bastard - Colin Waddell
68) Salsa Cycles - Paul Errington
69) Fearless and Unique - Markus Stitz
70) The Breakpad Bike Shop Kirroughtree. - John Gemmell
71) The psychedelic fox - alan robertson
72) Again? Really? - John Calvert
73) EMC - Adam Cooke
74) Blazing Saddles - Paul Burns
75) Craig Forrester - Craig Forrester
76) Ash the Flash - Ashley Finney
77) Tatty Water - richard henderson
78) Slow Muddy Funster - Pete Moulding
79) Tattie Watter - James McWhir
80) Han - Scott Bannister
81) BedandBreakfastSearcher.co.uk - Mike Peacock
82) Glenmarnock Wheelers - Kevin Duffy
83) SLIGHTLY OLDER SLIGHTLY SLOWER DTCC - TERRY DAVIDSON
84) Ecurie MacRetro - Klaus Schlesiger
Pair85) Team breakpad - Ruth Asbery
86) Team breakpad - Paula Voce
87) Mojo Duo - Jamie Birks
88) Mellon Bills - Bill Halliday
89) Mellon Bills - Donald Melville
90) Spicy Bikers #1 - Tom Jenkins
91) Spicy Bikers #1 - David Sik
92) A boy named Sue - Chris Baines
93) A boy named Sue - Kevin Conaghan
94) West Cheshire Massif - Mark Currie
95) West Cheshire Massif - Robert Bryce
96) Ridelines - Jamie Birks
97) Ridelines - Neil Dingle
98) aunty matty + cobaks - andrew coutts
99) aunty matty + cobaks - gordon coutts
100) Recidivists - Steve Clayton
101) Recidivists - Heather Thomson
102) ATGNI - James Wearn
103) ATGNI - Claire McCallum
Trio104) 3 Amigos - San Kapil
105) 3 Amigos - Pete Breakwell
106) 3 Amigos - Robert Badura
107) Northants Old Boys - Andy Wright
108) Northants Old Boys - Eddie Smith
109) Northants Old Boys - Craig Mattocks
Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.
Definitions: “Conditions” means these terms and conditions of entry for the Event. “Entry Form” means the website pages which must be completed in order to participate in the Event. “Event” means the event named on the Entry Form. “Event Organiser” means No Fuss Events, a company registered in Scotland. “Fee” means the price of entry into the Event as set out in the Entry Form. “Participant” means the person named on the Entry Form who will be participating in the Event.
Acceptance of Conditions: These Conditions shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms or conditions (whether or not in conflict or inconsistent with these Conditions) contained or referred to in any documentation submitted by the Participant or in correspondence or elsewhere or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing. A variation of these Conditions is only valid if the Event Organiser (No Fuss) gives notice to the Participant in writing in any official Event material or correspondence prior to the Event (including via email), The Participant shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon completion of the Entry Form.
FOR REFUND INFORMATION PLEASE SEE SECTION 3.
1.1 The Participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous and is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
1.2 The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event. The Participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to participate, the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these Conditions.
1.3 The Participant agrees to abide by all applicable event rules and regulation. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions. The relevant rules and regulations may be obtained from the NO Fuss website www.nofussevents.co.uk under event specific rules.
1.4 The Participant must present for registration process at the times and on the day as instructed in the Event Information which will be issued by the Event Organiser before the Event.
1.5 It is the Participant’s responsibility to provide and use necessary equipment which complies with rules and event regulations.
1.6 The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event (as initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion) to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times.
1.7 The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other Participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
1.8 While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
1.9 The minimum age of entry for events is 16 years old at the 31st December of the Event year. Participants who are under 16 years old on the 31st December of the Event year may race in specific events if identified in the events specific rules.
1.10 All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final. Accordingly, the Participant will comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshals, and safety personnel. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placing.
1.11 These Conditions are personal to the Participant and it may not assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. The Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is purchased for personal use only, that it cannot be donated free of charge or otherwise given away for free, and that it is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorised by the Event Organiser), and in particular, that the Entry may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion use as a prize (including in competitions and sweepstakes), travel packages, or for any other trade purposes. Donation, give away, resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
1.12 The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant other than set out in clause 4 below. By way of example, and for illustration purposes only, car parking arrangements and issues with hotels, may arise/change but such changes/issues will not allow the Participant to withdraw and nor will the Event Organiser be deemed liable except as otherwise set out herein.
2. Bookings and Payments
2.1 In consideration for being granted the right to participate, the Participant must pay the Fee by no later than the closing date set out on the Entry Form.
2.2 The Participant shall either (a) complete the Entry Form online and submit it together with payment of the Fee online in accordance with the Event Organisers’ website or (b) complete the Entry Form by hand and fill in the appropriate card details and send it by post.
2.3 The Participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the Fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
3. Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations
3.1 The Event Organiser operates a 7 day cooling off period. Accordingly, the Participant is entitled to cancel his/her application to participate provided the Event Organiser receives written notice of cancellation within 7 days of payment of the Fee (payment being deemed made for the purposes of this clause 3.1 by clicking on the make payment link on the Protx Secure Payment webpage or receipt of the Entry Form sent by post in accordance with clause 2.1 above). During this 7 day period the Participant is able to cancel its entry and receive a full refund of the Fee by emailing [email protected] or writing to Event Organiser, No Fuss Towers, 20 Hillview Crescent, Corpach, PH33 7LS. The notice must be received before the end of the 7 day cooling off period.
3.2.1 If the event is cancelled due to circumstances out of the organisers control then no refunds will be offered. This includes situations such as adverse weather conditions or major incidents.
3.2.2 If the event is cancelled due to circumstances within the organisers control then entrants will be offered a 50% refund. Entrants must apply in writing (via email) to claim their refund. No refunds will be granted after one month has passed from the event date.
3.2.3 Entrants wishing to withdraw must inform the organiser by email. Entry fees are NOT refundable for 10 Under the Ben 2014.
3.2.4 Entries are NOT transferable for 10 Under the Ben 2014.
3.3 In the event the Event Organiser withdraws the offer of a place to the Participant in the Event for any reason at any time it will provide the Participant with a full refund of the Fee, with no further liability whatsoever arising from such withdrawal. Notwithstanding this clause 3.7 no refund shall be made where otherwise set out herein (including for the avoidance of doubt clauses 1.3, 1.8).
3.4 The withdrawal policy set out in this clause 3 does not apply to Charity Pledge Place Participants whose places are the property of the charity.
4. Event Organiser Responsibilities/Liability
4.1 Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions the Event Organiser shall not be liable to the Participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the Participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submitting the Entry Form) arising out of the Participant taking part in the Event or any other matter arising under these Conditions nor for an aggregate amount greater than the Fee paid by the Participant. Without limiting the foregoing, the Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties unless otherwise set out herein.
4.2 Accordingly the Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably renounces, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claims whatsoever against the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, suppliers and/or sponsors and/or persons for whom it is answerable (“Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage of whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and caused by an event in any way relating to the Participant’s participation in Event, and the Participant hereby undertakes, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title to indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organiser, and the Associated Parties for any costs and/or amount which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of any recourse or claim aforesaid by whomsoever made. The Participant also agrees to indemnify the Event Organiser and the Associated Parties for any claim, actions, liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of the Participant’s declarations above and/or the Participant’s negligent acts or omissions and/or wilful misconduct.
4.3 Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Event Organiser:
4.3.1 for death or personal injury caused by the Event Organiser’s negligence;
4.3.2 for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
4.3.3 for any matter which it would be illegal for the Event Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
4.4 This clause 4 shall be read and construed and shall have effect subject to any limitation imposed by any applicable law.
5. Publicity and Results
5.1 The Participant irrevocably consents to:
5.1.1 his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these Conditions; and
5.1.2 the use and reproduction of the Participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
5.2 Any film, photographs (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of the Event Organiser, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the Event Organiser, these Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the Participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give affect thereto. Accordingly any such recording shall not be used other than for private use without the Event Organiser’s prior written consent.
5.3 The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
6.1 These Conditions (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the Entry Form (and the documents referred to in it) it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Conditions.
6.2 Nothing in these Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
6.3 No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
6.4 To the extent permitted by law all provisions of these Conditions shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these Conditions so far as possible.
6.5 These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts.