WELL DONE TO ALL YOU HARDY PEEPS!!
THAT WAS A PRETTY CHALLEGING ADVENTURE!!
PROVISIONAL RESULTS ARE HERE
ONLINE ENTRIES FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW CLOSED!
IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED AND WISH TO TAKE PART IN THE EVENT PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]
We feel that that this is a pretty special event! We tried this race in 2015 and it was a blast, we are going to use the same route again this year. We hope you love it and cannot wait to start 2016 with this cracking event.
The Fort William Runduro is a multi-stage running event taking in some of the Outdoor Capitals most popular running routes. It's all about the journey, and the route will use some of the areas best trails, linking up Fort William and Glen Nevis.
The format breaks the route down into stages, so you can race the stages, enjoy the transitions and await your cumulative time for the days racing. Its social, its fun, what will your strategy be?
Runduro is a fringe event of the Fort William Mountain Festival. The festival is a celebration of the outdoors, Runduro is a great excuse to join us and the mountain festival for a weekend of good times.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· Fort William Runduro route is superb and is held on varied trails.
· 8 timed stages each with its own unique character
· 7 Liason stages between timed stages that allow recovery, analysis and of course a blether with friends and like minded folk. (Although this is not enforced it is encouraged)
· 2 Feed stations on route, as well as catering provided at the finish.
· Rolling Start between 0830 and 1030 - we recommend the runners who wish to take a wee bit longer select an early start time.
· Sophisticated digital timing system and software .
· Marked and marshaled course to provide support and encouragement.
· A guaranteed voyage of discovery
Registration will take place from 0730 in Cotswold Camping, 102 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
All numbers and timing equipment (wrist band and digital timing card) will need to be picked up from the registration desk prior to the start.
Please bring your registration email or ID.
It is recommended that runners arrive at least 45min before the start to warm up and register.
No special kit required – trail shoes probably the best shoe choice;
Appropriate dress for the day dependant on conditions;
A good recommendation would be to have a bum bag or similar containing waterproofs, emergency rations such as gels, and a base layer.
2 Feed stations on route.
Competitors to set off in clusters of 6 at approximately 3 min intervals
First Start : 0830
Last Start: 1030
8 Races in one – pit your wits against your running friends on different stages where different skills come into play. The steep sharp climb of the Cow Hill, the mountain terrain of heart attack hill and the Ben path descent, or the final sprint stage to the Crannog Pier.
At the beginning and end of each stage you need to 'dib' your dibber - you will be shown how to do this at registration. It's up to participants to manage their time between stages to ensure they are back at the final station at 1400.
The start / finish area will welcome you with a relaxed family atmosphere.
· Runners must hand in their timing equipment to the timing desk to ensure download of data.
· Post run massages available in return.
Results of the race will be available onsite, and posted online immediately afterwards.
Prize winners will be announced on the day and online 24 hours after the event, prizes will be presented on the day.
· Male and Female prizes will be awarded to category winners and stage winners.
· There will also be spot prizes.
The Fort William Runduro will need some dedicated training before the event so please prepare accordingly.
· Full medical support will be provided for the event.
· If required please approach the first aid tent or a No Fuss run race marshal.
· If you feel ill on the day or have experienced flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea or a fever two to three days prior to the event, do not run.
· If you start to feel unwell during the race, slow your pace.
· Seek advice early from a race marshal or medical staff if you do not improve
· It is recommended that runners do not use devices with headphones, as they may not hear No Fuss Run marshals' instructions or traffic.
Full course HERE
Stage 1 : 0.90km Cow Hill Ascent (King o' the Hill) HERE
Stage 2 : 1.90km Cow Hill 'Gate' to Glen Nevis via Peat Track (The Descender) HERE
Stage 3 : 1.8km The road to Dun Deardil to the Low Glen Road, via the WHW Diversion path (Smash It) HERE
Stage 4 : 1.80km Heart Attack Climb and Ben Path Descent (To Hell and Back) HERE
Stage 5 : 2.60km Braveheart to Peat track via all users trail (Up, Up and away!) HERE
Stage 6 : 1.00km Cow Hill Rd to Peat Track Junction (Short and sweet) HERE
Stage 7 : 1.00km Track Junction to Saltire Rock (Keep Trucking!) HERE
Stage 8 : 0.80km College to Crannog (Sprinter) HERE
PLEASE NOTE ROUTE AND STAGES MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON WEATHER CONDITIONS
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Entry1) West Lothian triathlon - Sarah Gregory
2) Em Tam - Em Tam Kelty
3) Caroline - Caroline Williams
4) Jarvis - Kathy jarvis
5) Anne Taylor - Anne Taylor
6) Ibuprofanity - Lisa Rodgers
7) Velo Club Moulin / Minx-Girl.com - Jacqueline Marquis
8) Ibuprofanity - Pauline McGuire
9) Lomond swim and triathlon club - Liz Britton
10) Sarah Sheridan - Sarah Sheridan
11) Caroline Vance - Caroline Vance
12) AyrshireMTB - Louise Dodds
13) Nae Danger - Elaine Neill
14) Nae Danger - Zoe Holdsworth
15) Spicy Bikette - Dora Aldridge
16) Water rats - Kathryn Welch
17) Cani-Fit - Helen Winning
18) Canifit - Hilary Robinson
19) Canifit - Eilidh Robinson
20) Firefly - Kerry Law
21) Inverness College Uhi - Suzanne Stewart
22) Triathlon Inverness - Jane Pottie
23) Triathlon inverness - Jenny Clarke
24) Inverness College UHI - Margaret Andrews
25) Blazing squad - emma britton
26) The Deerhounds - Llinos Proctor
27) Rebecca Masson - Rebecca Masson
28) Jodi - Jodi Sharpe
29) Highland Hill Runners - Rachel Limbrick
30) RJM - Rebecca McRitchie
31) Christy Macintyre - Christy Macintyre
32) sportextreme.com - Rosemary Byde
33) Sportextreme.com - Isobel Joiner
34) Blazing Squad - angelina kennedy
35) Triathlon Inverness - Julie Robb
36) Triathlon Inverness - Susan Richardson
37) Angela Kerr - Angela Kerr
38) Mhairi Hunter - Mhairi Hunter
39) West Lothian Triathlon - Stuart Cameron
40) West Lothian Triathlon - Ross Meldrum
41) West Lothian Triathlon - Paul Anderson
42) DC - Dougie Cameron
43) Ibuprofanity - Dale Rodgers
44) Ibuprofanity - Alan Maloney
45) Velo Club Moulin - Chris Marquis
46) Highlander - Jamie Gordon
47) Kernow - Rory Force
48) Ibuprofanity - Alan Stables
49) Lomond swim and triathlon club - Neill Barton
50) AyrshireMTB - Andrew Dodds
51) Chafing The Dream - Colin Scouller
52) Chafing the dream - Andrew Borthwick
53) Cosmic Hillbashers - alan cormack
54) Cani-Fit - Colin Winning
55) Canifit - Steve Robinson
56) Canifit - Duncan Robinson
57) dream team - Richard Armstrong
58) Firefly - Colin Sandie
59) Inverness College UHI - Paul Moody
60) Triathlon inverness - Simon Stewart
61) Bellahouston Harriers - Jacob Fitzgerald
62) West Lothian Triathlon - Josh Dack
63) Graeme - Graeme Ambrose
64) Niall Iain Macdonald - Niall Iain Macdonald
65) Triathlon Inverness - Alistair Chisholm
66) Wishaw Mountain Biking Club - Russell McCoull
67) The Deerhounds - Fiona MacLennan
68) Bloc 3 - Ross Lindsay
69) clydesdale harriers - michael diver
70) ATLAS - Lewis Wright
71) Chafing the dream - Tinashe Mukundwa
72) Forres Harriers - Paul Hughes
73) West Lothian triathlon - Owen Williams
74) Achintore shed builders - Craig Forbes
75) Achintore shed builders - Bryan Simpson
76) Nevis cycles RT - Ben Miller
77) DoingStuff - Glen Evans
78) Nessies Jessies & Dogs - Will-and-Bea Goad
79) Nessies Jessies - Mike MacDonald
80) - Kyle Footman
81) - Leanne Jackson
82) Inverness College UHI - Elizabeth Allan
83) Inverness College UHI - Sue Walker