INTRO - (EN)DURO
See what we did there?
We introduced the Intro - (en)duro format to our portfolio in 2019.
Here are some important details of how it is going to work.
1 There will be three Stages (not to gnarly) four if you are on an (E bike) using the fantastic selection of trails at NevisRange
2 Riders will be set of in four waves. 1000, 1015, 1030 and 1100.
3 Riders have 20 time stamps and each stage equals two stamps, riders must complete all three (four if on an ebike) stages once, if riders chose to do multiple runs on a stage then the riders fastest time on the stage is the one that counts. Please note that riders can practice each stage without using a time stamp. Please be aware other riders on the stage may be on timed runs.
4 Riders must return their timing chip within 5 hours of their start wave.
We think that this format is going to be pretty exciting, for those who have never ridden enduro before this is an ideal Intro(en)duro (see what I did there).
Please note we will be marking stages on Saturday, whilst we actively discourage practicing we realise we cannot stop you riding the trails. we therefore request that you have a heightened awareness of others who may be working on the trails on Saturday.
The number of participants in every event will be fixed in advance and will be communicated via this website.
Intro (enduro) is open to all riders over the age 14 on the 1st of January 2020.
Please read these rules, ride hard and have fun!
Junior Male: must be at least 14 on January the first 2020. if a rider becomes 22 in 2020 then they must be classed as a senior
Junior Female: must be at least 14 on January the first 2020, if a junior female becomes 22 in 2020 then they must be classed as senior female.
PLEASE NOTE; U 18 JUNIORS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AND SIGNED ON BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN IF THEY ARE NOT AGED 17 ON THE DAY OF THE RACE
Junior U18 Male must be 14 on 1st Jan 2020
Junior U21 Male must be 14 on Jan 1st 2020
Junior U16 Female must be 14 on January 1st 2020
Junior U 21 Female must be 17on January 1st 2020
Sen Male: must be 18 on the 1st of January 2020
Sen Female: must 21 on the 1st of January 2020
Master Male: must be 29 on the 1st of January 2020
Vet Male: must be 39 on the 1st of January 2020
Master Female: must 35 on the 1st of January 2020
Grand Vet: must be 49 on the 1st of January 2020
Super grand Vet: must be 59 on the 1st of January 2020
If there are less than five in any category then the category will be absorbed into the category below or above as appropriate.
Course map will be distributed on the week leading into the event.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
E Solo Intro (en)duro1) eguide Scotland - Tony Yule
2) Mukyriderz - Gav Pitts
Junior U18 Male3) McLaren MTB - Dan Sandals
4) Allardyces - Connel Allardyce
5) Nevis Cycles/ WHW - Daniel Parfitt
6) WHW - Cole Jackson
7) Mclaren MTB - Finlay Stanford
8) McLaren MTB - Arran McLoughlin
9) Team Stirling - James Brown
10) Beekaa - Benjamin kennedy
11) Du Toit - Murray Du Toit
Junior U21 Female12) Rfea - Kerry Allan
13) Ellie - Ellie How
Sen Male14) MMBC - Callum Hay
15) Arawn - andy buchanan
16) Arawn - Lewis Taylor
17) ScottCam - Scott Cameron
18) C.A.D - Scott Cameron
19) Andrew Anderson - Andrew Anderson
20) Nicholson - Kenneth Nicholson
21) Johnbhoy - John Henderson
22) WHW - Rory Bell
Sen Female23) Jo Cranston - Joanne Cranston
24) Ashley Armstrong - Ashley Armstrong
25) Definitely not quackers - Daire Hargreaves
26) Muddy Medics - Iona Stirrup
Master Male27) SWAK - Wayne Nakedman
28) Bike buddies - Stephen Miller
29) Good coffee cartel - Tom Jenkins
30) Beards on bikes - Alasdair Bain
31) Maddos - David Burns
32) Simpson - Andrew simpson
33) Kennedy - David Kennedy
34) Martyn - Martyn Lambie
35) George Kennedy - George Kennedy
36) Bike buddies - Robert Taylor
37) Team Banks - Mikey Banks
38) Matthew Broadbent - Matthew Broadbent
39) FM - Fraser Mackie
40) Hunter - Angus Hunter
41) Stravaiging MTB - Callum Kellie
42) Ramsay - Grant Ramsay
43) Mark watson - Mark Watson
44) Lanfine MTB - Jonathan McConnell
45) A.G.R Plant Services - Allan Rennie
46) Graham Davies - Graham Davies
47) Callum Mayfield - Callum Mayfield
48) Colin Ferguson - Colin Ferguson
Vet Male49) Mighty Cycles - Robert Murray
50) B.A.D. - Stephen Haining
51) B.A.D. - David Mullin
52) Ginger_Winger - Ewan Paterson
53) Brian Morren - Brian Morren
54) Sqeeky dooks - Graeme Allen
55) Paul Thomas - Paul Thomas
56) Ooh eck - Simon Pickford
57) Wayne - Wayne Browne
58) Alweld24 - Allan Campbell
59) Lanterne De La Mort - Brian Mackie
60) Rig111 - James Erith
61) The Loam Rangers - Sean Guild
62) Forres flyers - ross mckerron
63) Bloc3 - Ross Lindsay
64) Crow Racing - Dougie Hain
65) Timbertwigs - Kenneth Forsyth
66) Old Dog New Tricks - Jamie Gall
67) Old Dog New tricks - Yan Valentine
68) Old Tricks Old Dog - Keith Forsyth
69) Old Dog but Faster than Keith - Lewis Cowe
70) Once a fast Dog - Scott Guidellis
71) Boys Of The Dell - James Maclean
72) Dingwall Disaster Crew - Jamie Paterson
73) Comrie Croft Bikes - Colin Mcphail
74) West Lomond Descenders - Phil Galloway
75) 5HUNNER - Steve Munro
Master Female76) Dirt Vixens - Tracy Munro
77) Alison Wilson - Alison Wilson
78) Dirt Vixens - Rosie Fletcher
79) McLaren High School MTB Club - Helen Gorman
80) Dirt Vixens - Donna Stewart
81) Restless Natives - Paula Wilkie
82) JM Richards Cycles - Paula Richards
83) Forres Flyers - Rachael Thomas
84) Lizzy Thomson - Lizzy Thomson
85) Mleh Bird - Roberta Walker
86) #bemorebj - Vicky Doherty
87) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Sara Cairns
88) Dirt Vixens - Berit Rabe
89) SQUAD - Matthew Cherie
Grand Vet90) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Maxine Morley-Trapnell
91) Dirt Vixens - Fiona Barrett
92) Sqeeky dooks - Lesley McKenzie
93) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Ross Morley-Trapnell
94) Team ODZ - Martin Aawalker
95) The Red Fochs - Mark Smith
96) SBC Collective - Colin Chisholm
97) Disgruntaled Vet - iain Hay
98) Lanterne De La Mort - Neil Murray
99) Lanterne De La Mort - Alistair OBrien
100) TeamRideIt - Steven Bowie
101) crc - Callum Cranston
102) Martin George - Martin George
103) Cruachan II - Graeme Mclennan
104) Giraffe out of water - Gregor Cranston
105) David West - David West
106) JimmyLuiT - Jimmy Thomson
107) Shred the knarl - Davie Robb
108) James Shaw - James Shaw
109) Lofty Peaks - Robert Holding
110) Balloch MTB - Murdo McIntosh
111) The Friday club - Jamie Rose
112) Alan Morton - Alan Morton
Super Grand Vet113) Cowal Mountain Bike Club Jeannie - Jean Mclennan
114) Beards on Bikes - Peter Bain
115) Highland Trail Riders - Kenny Milne
116) West Highland Wheelers - Lance Marshall
117) Bike Buddies - Steve Brown
Hardtail Men118) Black Isle Moutain Bike Club - Mick Park
119) Andy Hulse - Andrew Hulse
120) Better Shed than Dead - David Thomson
121) COFW - Gordon Moran
122) Halifax or Bust - Andrew Henly
123) Team Stirling - Andrew Brown
124) None - David Love
Hardtail Women125) Dirt Vixens - Claire McMullen
126) Definitely Not Quackers - Kayleigh Millar
127) Dirt Vixens - Karolina Jacobsson
1. Mandatory pre-event meeting at 0945 on Sunday for all, all riders and crew are encouraged to attend.
2. Each solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip (dibber). In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates. Riders are responsible for their own dibs.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the instructions from event staff.
4. Please note stages are live from 1000, even if you are on a practice run others may be on a race run.
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behaviour is totally unacceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the course when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY health and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules