INTRO - (EN)DURO
See what we did there?
We introduced the Intro - (en)duro format to our portfolio in 2019.
Here are some important details of how it is going to work.
1 There will be three Stages (not to gnarly) four if you are on an (E bike) using the fantastic selection of trails at NevisRange
2 Riders will be set of in four waves. 1000, 1015, 1030 and 1100.
3 Riders have 20 time stamps and each stage equals two stamps, riders must complete all three (four if on an ebike) stages once, if riders chose to do multiple runs on a stage then the riders fastest time on the stage is the one that counts. Please note that riders can practice each stage without using a time stamp. Please be aware other riders on the stage may be on timed runs.
4 Riders must return their timing chip within 5 hours of their start wave.
We think that this format is going to be pretty exciting, for those who have never ridden enduro before this is an ideal Intro(en)duro (see what I did there).
Please note we will be marking stages on Saturday, whilst we actively discourage practicing we realise we cannot stop you riding the trails. we therefore request that you have a heightened awareness of others who may be working on the trails on Saturday.
The number of participants in every event will be fixed in advance and will be communicated via this website.
Intro (enduro) is open to all riders over the age 14 on the 1st of January 2020.
Please read these rules, ride hard and have fun!
Junior Male: must be at least 14 on January the first 2020. if a rider becomes 22 in 2020 then they must be classed as a senior
Junior Female: must be at least 14 on January the first 2020, if a junior female becomes 22 in 2020 then they must be classed as senior female.
PLEASE NOTE; U 18 JUNIORS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AND SIGNED ON BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN IF THEY ARE NOT AGED 17 ON THE DAY OF THE RACE
Junior U18 Male must be 14 on 1st Jan 2020
Junior U21 Male must be 14 on Jan 1st 2020
Junior U16 Female must be 14 on January 1st 2020
Junior U 21 Female must be 17on January 1st 2020
Sen Male: must be 18 on the 1st of January 2020
Sen Female: must 21 on the 1st of January 2020
Master Male: must be 29 on the 1st of January 2020
Vet Male: must be 39 on the 1st of January 2020
Master Female: must 35 on the 1st of January 2020
Grand Vet: must be 49 on the 1st of January 2020
Super grand Vet: must be 59 on the 1st of January 2020
If there are less than five in any category then the category will be absorbed into the category below or above as appropriate.
Course map will be distributed on the week leading into the event.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
E Solo Intro (en)duro1) eguide Scotland - Tony Yule
2) Mukyriderz - Gav Pitts
Junior U18 Male3) McLaren MTB - Dan Sandals
Sen Male4) MMBC - Callum Hay
5) Arawn - andy buchanan
6) Arawn - Lewis Taylor
7) ScottCam - Scott Cameron
Sen Female8) Jo Cranston - Joanne Cranston
Master Male9) SWAK - Wayne Nakedman
10) Bike buddies - Stephen Miller
11) Good coffee cartel - Tom Jenkins
12) Beards on bikes - Alasdair Bain
13) Maddos - David Burns
14) Simpson - Andrew simpson
15) Kennedy - David Kennedy
16) Martyn - Martyn Lambie
17) George Kennedy - George Kennedy
18) Bike buddies - Robert Taylor
19) Team Banks - Mikey Banks
20) Matthew Broadbent - Matthew Broadbent
21) FM - Fraser Mackie
Vet Male22) Mighty Cycles - Robert Murray
23) B.A.D. - Stephen Haining
24) B.A.D. - David Mullin
25) Ginger_Winger - Ewan Paterson
26) Brian Morren - Brian Morren
27) Sqeeky dooks - Graeme Allen
28) Paul Thomas - Paul Thomas
29) Ooh eck - Simon Pickford
30) Wayne - Wayne Browne
31) Alweld24 - Allan Campbell
32) Lanterne De La Mort - Brian Mackie
33) Rig111 - James Erith
34) The Loam Rangers - Sean Guild
35) Forres flyers - ross mckerron
Master Female36) Dirt Vixens - Tracy Munro
37) Alison Wilson - Alison Wilson
38) Dirt Vixens - Rosie Fletcher
39) McLaren High School MTB Club - Helen Gorman
40) Dirt Vixens - Donna Stewart
41) Restless Natives - Paula Wilkie
42) JM Richards Cycles - Paula Richards
43) Forres Flyers - Rachael Thomas
44) Lizzy Thomson - Lizzy Thomson
45) SQUAD - Matthew Cherie
Grand Vet46) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Maxine Morley-Trapnell
47) Dirt Vixens - Fiona Barrett
48) Sqeeky dooks - Lesley McKenzie
49) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Ross Morley-Trapnell
50) Team ODZ - Martin Aawalker
51) The Red Fochs - Mark Smith
52) SBC Collective - Colin Chisholm
53) Disgruntaled Vet - iain Hay
54) Lanterne De La Mort - Neil Murray
55) Lanterne De La Mort - Alistair OBrien
56) TeamRideIt - Steven Bowie
57) crc - Callum Cranston
58) Martin George - Martin George
59) Cruachan II - Graeme Mclennan
Super Grand Vet60) Cowal Mountain Bike Club Jeannie - Jean Mclennan
61) Beards on Bikes - Peter Bain
62) Highland Trail Riders - Kenny Milne
Hardtail Men63) Black Isle Moutain Bike Club - Mick Park
64) Andy Hulse - Andrew Hulse
Hardtail Women65) Dirt Vixens - Claire McMullen
66) Art Monkey - Karolina Jacobsson
1. Mandatory pre-event meeting at 0945 on Sunday for all, all riders and crew are encouraged to attend.
2. Each solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip (dibber). In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates. Riders are responsible for their own dibs.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the instructions from event staff.
4. Please note stages are live from 1000, even if you are on a practice run others may be on a race run.
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behaviour is totally unacceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the course when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY health and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules