ONLINE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED!
IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED, BUT WISH TO DO SO PLEASE EMAIL
We are delighted that we will be back in Kinlochleven again for 2016, we know that everyone enjoys the stages and that real mountain feel that you can get in November in the Highlands. Where else would you want to be in November other than the Outdoor Capital of the UK?
We are also delighted that this event has now been recognised as a qualifying event for the EWS in 2016, we look forward to welcoming all riders to the Highlands and some great racing. We will be using the Sportident Air Timing system for the race.
The final event of the year hosted by No Fuss Events
The Kinlochleven Enduro is a chance for all No Fuss friends, customers and like minded enjoyers of the outdoor and mountain biking to get together and enjoy the very special stages that Kinlochleven has to offer.
Kinlochleven has deservedly gained a reputation for great racing over challenging terrain, participants can expect slick organistation and great craic! These values are exactly what No Fuss is all about, so there is little doubt that this will be a legendary event.
Expect great stages and we are expecting good weather Yahoo!
This format is a 2 day event with practice on the Saturday and racing on the Sunday. On Saturday night will be a afairly relaxed afair with food and a small libation available at Chillers Bar in the Ice Factor there will be time to reflect on the year, plan for next and prepare for race day.
Please note it may be that we will practice stages 1 and 2 between 0900 and 1300 and stage 3 will open for practice at 1300. This will be the same for race day, your cooperation on this is much appreciated, we have been kindly given permission to access the stages via a major engineering contstruction.
Registration will be at the Ice Factor from 8.30am - 4pm on Saturday morning. We are sure this will be very very busy, so please be patient, we will be going as fast as we can!
You will choose your start times at registration. As with the SES Elite riders will be alloocated the later start times.
After your days practice, get yourself clean and shiny and get yourself fed at Chillers (other eateries are available)
There are 2 pubs, a Co-op and a chippy and other earteries in Kinlochleven so don't forget to spread the love!!
The course will consists of 3 stages.
There are no feed stations on the course. You will pass through/close to town between stages 1 and 2 before climbing back to the start of stage 3.
Please prepare yourself for a day on the hills being self sufficient.
Stages 1 and 2 will open at 0900, please stick to your start times. NB riders not attending start time allocated will get 1 min time penalty.
Timing Chips will be getting handed out from 8am. Please come no earlier than 30 minutes before your start time to collect your chip - if your start time is 9.30am, please don't join the queue until 9am etc.
Timing chips should be worn on either wrist, there will be timing boxes on both sides of the trail at the top and the bottom of each stage. It is your responsibility to 'dib' in and out of each stage - look for the flash of the light and listen for a beep.
Prizegiving will take place in theVenue TBC r once everyone has finished the race. This will be approximately 4.15pm.
Who's it going to be the CHAMPION???
That will be kept secret as long as possible!
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Senior Women 22-391) Felldoon race team - Nicola Fell
2) Go Where Scotland - Janey Kennedy
3) Go Where Scotland - Janey Kennedy
4) Sambo - Fiona Berry
5) Hope Factory Racing - Katherine Sharp
Junior Male 16-186) Pedalabikeaway - Ian Taylor
7) Peak gravity Squad - Archie Box
8) Malvern cycle sport - ryan williamson
9) Pedalabikeaway/Cube/Raw Sports - Oliver Parton
10) Mtbmag Asia - Christopher Keeling
11) Cowal Mountain Bike Club - Tormod Doherty
12) Stephens Racing - cameron chisholm
13) What'slogandoing - Logan Dow
14) MTB Monster - Tom Wilson
15) NS Bikes - Ewan Mackay
16) Ben Wyvis Cycle Club - Sam Conolly
17) Scolty Hill Shredders - Finay Davison
18) Hope Factory Racing - Daniel Hole
19) Sponsor Me - Alasdair Ekin
20) Sponsor Me - John Gillies
21) BASE - Jack Clark
22) Ae Bike Shop - Robert Proudlock
23) Limitless Racing - Shaun Macleod
Junior Women 16-2124) flare Clothing Co - Abigale Lawton
25) UHI - louise ferguson
26) Rother Valley Riders - Hannah Saville
Senior Men 19-2927) Haddy Lads - Ewan Chalmers
28) Dodgy Dibbers - Matt Miller
29) Dodgy Dibbers - Ramsay MacFarlane
30) Wideopenmag.co.uk - Pete Scu
31) One leg wonder - Adam crawshaw
32) DHaRCO UK - James Lawrence
33) Chainsmokers - Rob James
34) Atherton Racing Ltd - Joe Krejbich
35) Cyclewise - Sam Farrar
36) Delta Bikes - Paul Pickup
37) DH Farm - Sam Rodda
38) mikes bikes aviemore - james welding
39) Klaxons - Kyle Footman
40) Cuban rafters - Ragnar Lochhead
41) Peak Gravity Squad - Tristan Derrick
42) Malvern Cycle Sport - Tom Harnden
43) Highland Cumbrian Hybrid - Richard Bowman
44) Beached Whale Jamo - Robert James
45) Jackson Racing - Stuart Connolly
46) Bike Treks - Ben Green
47) Orange Factory Racing/Flare Rider Clothing - sam gerrett
48) Hopeless Racing - Alex Shepherd
49) Sponsor me! - Carl Hopwood
50) Jackson Racing - Cameron Taylor
51) EUCC - Fraser Rae
52) Mast Riders - Kyle Thomson
53) Basecamp Bikes - Kyle Beattie
54) Porous - Ronan Taylor
55) No Team - Ashley Capes
56) Awesome super great epic team - Scott Murdoch
57) Stephens Racing - Lewis summers
58) Team Manball Enduro Racing - Tom Gammell
59) Not a fair weather rider - Marc Howe
60) ¡¡BTR!! Tech&Trail - Moray Goodfellow
61) Whyte Bikes - Peter Lloyd
62) cowe - lewis cowe
63) Arragon's Cycle Centre - Zach Robson
64) pedalabikeaway - Vivian Jones
65) Endurocalypse - Jamie Whitehead
66) ACS Prestwick - Grant Seditas
67) Deft Motion - Dan Smith
68) Team Wideopenmag - Chris Hutchens
69) 1 - Euan Thomson
70) Ross Young Media - Ross Young
71) - Robert Bailey
72) Pedal addiction - Sean Ballard
73) Soreem - Graham Mckinlay
74) Soreem - Stephen Macdonald
75) Ae Bike Shop - Callum McCubbing
76) Ae Bike Shop - Callum McCubbing
77) ........ - Davy Mcilrath
78) *funny team name* - mark davidson
79) Lancaster University Cycling Club - Ben Paske
80) Hope Factory Racing - Sam Sharp
81) Ben - Ben Rowe
82) Team Manball Enduro Racing / SHS - Jonathan Smith
83) SCC - Tom Rattray
84) What Mountain Bike - Seb Stott
85) ChevinCycles.com Trek - Josh Gardner
86) Hopeless racing - John Blows
87) Two2One - Ryan Sinclair
88) Ustacc - Craig Graham
89) Christopher Sutcliffe - Christopher Sutcliffe
90) Franscoop - Silvio Garnier Gaume
91) Solid Bikes - Joe Connell
92) LSCC - William Sutcliffe
93) Hardie Bikes - Angus Hardie
Master Men 30-3994) Felldoon race team - Michael Muldoon
95) Govanhill Youth Team - Ali Reynolds
96) Team Glentress Mincer - Andrew Cunningham
97) Scrotal Recall - Bob Slaney
98) The dreams dream - Joel Nesbitt
99) BaseCamp Bikes - Tom Nash
100) UpsidedoonheedEnduroteam - David Houston
101) I-Cycles - Douglas Shearer
102) Upsidedoonheedenduroteam - Glenn Telford
103) upsidedoonheedenduroteam - Greg Purdie
104) KTNR - Daniel Braund
105) Enduro baker - Scott Kimber
106) Team dp - Donald Macphie
107) Mast riders - Ian Mcallister
108) TS - Blake Prime
109) TS Enduro - Richard Davey
110) TS 30+ Enduro - Alex Smiles
111) Monty Honk - Matthew Hakes
112) Jonty Wood Uphill Gardening Co. - Barry Felton
113) Scc - Andrew Doig
114) Rex Racing - Nick Barber
115) SHAMB - Mark Harris
116) Chainsmokers/HTR - Gary Hunter
117) - - Michael Gray
118) Team Sperm - Liam O Ryan
119) Flare Rider Co. Creation Cycles - Ben Skinner - Watts
120) Rex Racing - Simon Goodwin
121) RG Autotech - Graeme Beveridge
122) and in last place.... - Gregg Nicolson
123) Pedal Privateers - Drew Barritt
124) UpsideDoonHeedEnduroTeam - Phil Rothera
125) Team Zammo - Graham Ayres
126) BPE Steelmaster - Alan Jeans
127) Weekend Punter - Jason Bullen
128) wee wheels are the best - Calum Anderson
129) Midlothian Cycling Club - Euan Robertson
130) Mad hatters tea party - Jo Curtis
131) Morenutzthanboltz - Andrew Richard
132) Stein Race Team - Ryan Fulton
133) Army Enduro Team - Mark Mackenzie
134) Team Zammo - Bryan Maksymuik
135) Aryan solo muskateers - Ben Parkin
136) Ecurie Neep - Hamish Whyte
137) Escombro Mtb - Javier Cruz
138) Topcat Racing - Paul Topham
139) Midlothian Cycling Club - Arran Moore
140) Epic brake bleed - Andrew Austin
141) TMB - Phillip Ball
142) StraightLineJoe - Joe Berresford
143) Bring The Rain - Richard Jukes
144) What's that smell? - Bob Foster
145) Team Manball Enduro Racing - Richard Kawecki
146) David Docherty - David Docherty
147) Team ManBall Enduro Racing - Matthew Mansell
148) Midlothian Cycling Club - fraser watson
149) Awesome super great epic team - Euan Davidson
150) Army MTB Enduro Team - Joe Robson
151) Hillbilly Greig - Greig Ruxton
152) . - Lee Baines
153) Scrotal Recal - Richard Selby
154) Daddy would you like some sausage, sausages - Michael Pritchard
155) Daddy would you like some sausage, sausages - Jonathan Johnston-Smith
156) Syko - Paul Sykes
157) Rex Racing - James Harris
158) Sambo - Sam Kennedy
159) On ma tod - Alexander Shewan
160) I-Cycles - Eoin Elliott
161) Marin bikes/Team cycles - Chris Morrell
162) Some Punter - Alasdair MacLennan
163) Sanjeed - Johnpaul Cunningham
164) SHS/Manball - Liam Tyrrell
165) Jist Gonnae No - Craig Turner
166) Unsponserable - Andrew Hatherley
167) Team Soreem - Scott Smith
168) Dirty Wicker - Iain Nicolson
169) Hopetech, 4 play cycles - Liam Little
170) ResonantGunnersofDoom.com///whendowefeast - Lilius Inter-Spinas
171) Hope Factory Racing - Rob Dodsworth
172) Hope Factory Racing - Ian Austermuhle
173) Army Enduro MTB Team - Martin Peak
174) Chalets les Fourgs - Thomas Moro
175) Army Enduro MTB team - Scott Mayled
176) Hope - rob jarman
177) OETKB - Bruce Robertson
178) John80 - John McCormack
179) Team I Want To Rock - Simon Sewell
180) Drop it like its hot - John Bryan-Merrett
181) Line GT - Stewart McNee
Vet Men 40-49182) Too many Whisky Chasers - Martin Walker
183) Kentish Man - Andrew Hutchinson
184) Top Bombin' MTB - Jason Little
185) Lomond Enduro - Scott Mc Diarmid
186) velo moulin - greig walker
187) Elapsed Risk Control - Andreas Schaefer
188) ION Bike - Hope Technology - Ian Cation
189) Go-Where.co.uk - Paul Cunningham
190) 777 Racing - Alexander Roger
191) Tweed Renewables - Scott Mulligan
192) Uplift Scotland - David Tallontire
193) Gavin Wilson - Gavin Wilson
194) Ecurie Neep - Grzegorz Stankiewicz
195) Chainsmokers - Aaron Mcgraw
196) Stein Race Team - Paul Stein
197) N waters - Neil Waters
198) Wilderness Racing - Matt Bailey
199) Team Zammo - Andrew Butcher
200) Life Begins - James Hatfield
201) East coast Enduro Collective - Hugh Dennis
202) Velo Club Moulin - Chris Marquis
203) Team Manball Enduro Racing - Simon Evamy
204) Team manball enduro racing - matt vezey
205) Moose Cycles - Chris Lewis
206) Borders General Hospital - Neil Carnegie
207) TMR - Mike Mowat
208) The Pye Man - Duncan Pye
209) DHarco - Paul Foster
210) Orange Factory Racing - Dan Greenwood
211) Mcc - Jimmy Bowie
212) PLUSSONE - MIKE SCOTT
213) Kilunan MTB - Jonathan Goldthorp
214) Ace Components - Stuart Carr
215) 1 - john mcneil
216) Billy nae mates - Michael McLaren
Grand Vet Men 50+217) Alvinduro - Steve Irvin
218) Giraffe out of water - Gregor Cranston
219) JMacD - John MacDonald
220) Highlander sealed bike drive - Alan Burr
221) Bonkers! - Alex Cameron
222) Mid life crisis - Mike Corkill
223) Where's ma pink helmet? - Ian Wrigley
224) P Nutter - Peter Collier
225) Thig Ar Latha - Ewen MacKinnon
226) Yeti / Bespoke Bikes - Pete Hoggan
227) Orange - Mark Dodson
228) Jist Gonnae No - Bill Turner
229) HTR - Alasdair Rothe
230) Abused Pensioner - Steve Bradley
231) #nevertooold - Derek Laughland
Vet Female 40-49232) Velo Club Moulin / Minx-Girl - Jac Marquis
233) Team Manball Enduro Racing - Sally Evamy
234) don t f with bald men - ali forbes
The number of participants in every event will be fixed in advance and will be communicated via this website.
The Kinlochleven Enduro is open to all riders over the age of 15 on the 1st of January 2016.
You do not need a license to race in the Kinlochleven Enduro.
Please read these rules, ride hard and have fun!
Junior Male: must be at least 15 on January the first 2016, if a rider becomes 19 in 2016 then they must be classed as a senior
Junior Female: must be at least 15 on January the first 2106, if a junior female becomes 22 in 2016 then they must be classed as senior female.
Sen Male: must be 18 on the 1st of January 2016
Sen Female: must 21 on the 1st of January 2016
Master Male: must be 29 on the 1st of January 2016
Vet Male: must be 39 on the 1st of January 2016
Vet Female: must 39 on the 1st of January 2016
Grand Vet: must be 49 on the 1st of January 2016
Super grand Vet: must be 59 on the 1st of January 2016
Junior Male: must be at least 15 on January the first 2016, if a rider becomes 19 in 2016 then they must be classed as a senior.
Junior Female: must be at least 15 on January the first 2106, if a junior female becomes 22 in 2016 then they must be classed as senior female.
Male: must be 18 on the 1st of January 2016
Female: must 21 on the 1st of January 2016
Podium and prizes
Prizes at the Kinlochleven are sponsored by (To be announced shortly)
Riders who finish in the top three in their category are expected, where possible, to attend the podium presentation.
Podiums and prize presentation will be as soon as possible after the last rider is finished on race day Sundays.
Bike and personal equipment
The course will be designed to suit a mid-travel trail bike, not specific xc or dh bikes.
Riders should use the same frame, fork and wheels during a whole event.
Bikes may be scrutinised before departing to ride the course.
All bikes must have bar plugs and be in perfect working order.
The race directors have the right to deny entry to the event if they feel a bike is not of a suitable standard.
Riders must wear a certified helmet (xc or full face) at all times, including transfer sections. Riders found not wearing a helmet may be disqualified. We would like all riders to be aware that the terrain at Kinlochleven is rocky and hard and would advise full face but this is not mandatory.
Gloves are mandatory, knee, elbow and back protection are strongly recommended.
Each competitor should be completely self-sufficient. It is recommended that each rider carries the following items:
Mobile phone. An emergency contact number will be provided at registration.
Basic first aid kit (Minimum: 1 x Dressing Pad for heavy bleeding (field dressing); bandage, plasters).
Bike repair kit (tube, tyre leavers, pump or CO2 canisters, allen keys, chain tool).
Whistle can be a good idea in case you go over a bank, break a leg and no one can see you.
Sufficient food and water to meet your individual energy needs for 5 hours of riding.
Sunscreen and insect repellent depending on the season.
The course may have narrow sections and exposed rocks, steep climbs and descents and will not suitable for beginners.
Potholes, rocks, rutted tracks, steep descents, banks etc are all part of what is required to be negotiated by the competitor. When you are in this environment YOU are the person primarily responsible for your own safety. Any hazards outside of those expected will be identified and marked accordingly to ensure your safety.
It is the duty of each competitor to assist any other competitor who appears to be injured or in difficulty and to possibly alert the race director. Should you stop to help an injured rider you will be granted the option of repeating the stage.
The Kinlochleven Enduro will take place on a circuit marked with a variable number of mostly uphill transfer stages and mostly downhill timed stages. Riders must complete the timed stages in g order as instructed at registration.
All riders must follow the marked transition routes.
In the interest of safety there will be a cut off time to complete the whole event. Riders will be notified of this at the race briefing on the morning of the event.
The course will be marked with signs and tape. Where a course is double taped you must ride between the tape. Anything else is placed as a guideline as to the direction of the course.
If a Rider exits the timed stage course, he/she must re-enter at the same point and, if altered, restore the tape as he/she found it.
Riders cannot repeat any stage even if they suffer a mechanical failure on course.
Practice is only allowed the day before the race, once the course details are released. Any rider found on a marked trail before this may not be allowed to take part in the event.
Riders should and should not
Riders should not leave any rubbish along the route. ALL food wrappers, drink bottles, tubes etc must please be carried to the finish line and not discarded anywhere along the route. Anyone seen discarding rubbish will be disqualified and will not receive a time or position as applicable (take memories or photos, but leave only tyre marks).
Riders should not modify race number plates.
Competitors should read the pre-race course briefing notes supplied at registration.
Competitors should obey instructions from Marshals at all times. They are there for everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
Any Rider withdrawing from the event should notify the race office as soon as possible.
Every competitor should adapt his/her speed and his/her behavior to his/her personal abilities, his/her equipment and to the general conditions the event is raced in.
Each Rider authorises the use of any images or videos taken during the event he/she may be appearing in.
Registration for all events will open as directed on this website.
Entry to Kinlochleven Enduro race costs £50 per rider.
On registering, each Rider agrees to the rules of the event.
Entry for each event closes one week prior to the event, if not full before then.
Entries are non-refundable less than four weeks from the event. It is also not possible to transfer entries to any other events, next year’s event, or a different Rider. All refunds are subject to a £7 admin charge
Registration and payment will be made online.
For the registration the Rider will have to inform an on-line form concerning his names, first names, age, gender and address.
The registration will be validated only after the payment of the fees on the registration website.
Details of the course will not be made known before the event.
Provisional results will be posted as soon as possible after the event. Any queries must be expressed by e mail by 12noon on the Monday following the event.
Timing will be conducted by No Fuss Events using a SportIdent air system.
All categories will choose their start times on Saturday. Choose who you want to ride with and what time you want to get up! Only Elite riders will be allocated start times.
After leaving the event village Riders can start each timed stage as soon as they reach the start line. There are no start times or running order, but there will be minimum 20 second time intervals between each Rider starting a timed stage.
You are responsible for your timing chip and for dibbing in and out of stages. Please look after these - lost or broken timing chips will cost you £50 to replace.
Responsibilities of Riders
The Kinlochleven Enduro organisers shall not be held liable in any way for any loss, damage or accidents that may occur during any of the events. Riders are aware that cycling is potentially dangerous.
Penalties and complaints:
No external assistance is permitted on the track, assistance is only allowed in the pits area. Assistance outside the pits area will incur in a time penalty.
If a Rider catches up with a slower Rider on course, he/she should let the faster Rider past as quickly as possible. Failure to do so will result in a 30 second penalty. The faster Rider should give lots of warning and clear directions as to which side they will pass on. Aggressive or impatient behavior from the faster Rider may also result in a 30 second time penalty. Play fair.
Any complaints about the race should be done formally to the race office within 15 minutes of the end of the Rider’s race.
Any complaints about the results should be done formally to the race office within 24hrs of result's publication.
Any dangerous or disrespectful behavior against other racers, marshals, nature, trails or spectators will lead to a time penalty depending of the level of the fault. Race director can also decide to disqualify the Rider.