PLEASE NOTE THAT SKI AN DURO HAS NOW BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY THE 25TH OF MARCH
Welcome to Ski-an-duro (or more properly Sgian-dubh-ro) new to our calender for 2018, Ski-an-duro is a classic combination, mixing up snow and ski cross with mounatin bike enduro.
No Fuss Events and Nevisrange are to stage what they say is their first ever ski/board enduro and then mountain-bike enduro race in March 2018.
The race is scheduled to take place on the 17th March. The all new race will be open to 150 Individuals and a limited number of teams.
The format is simple:
Two stages with your combined time giving you a grid position for the final mass start stage.
Stage One, A classic enduro stage utilising one of the many legendary stages at Nevisrange.
Stage Two, The snowsport stage utilising the mountains terrain and maximising the existing snow cover this stage is for skiers or boarders and will present a course as demanding as conditions will allow.
Stage Three, The mass start race from as high on the mountain as conditions will allow, participants will race to the designated transition area before changing to mountain bike and descending the mountain using parts of the world famous mountain bike downhill course and other classic enduro routes that the mountain has to offer.
Ski-an-duro takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at the Pinemartin Cafe, Nevis Range from 0730 am until 10 am on Sunday the 25th March, 2018.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and lift pass.
Please note that the Pinemartin will be open from 0700.
Registration will be open from 0730
Mandatory Race briefing will be at the Pinemartin Cafe at 0745.
Bike Stage Open practice 0800 - 1000
Bike Seeding Runs 1000 - 1200.
Please note that on completion of bike seeding, participants will be required to make their way up the mountain with bike and snow sports equipment.
Snow sports practice will be open from 1100 - 1330
Snow sports seeding 1300 - 1515
1530 All participants depart the top station.
1615 Grid Positions for Mass Start
1630 Race Start.
The race will be timed using sportident timing system, riders/skiers/boarder need to make themselves aware of how the system works and how to use efficiently.
There will be on site medical practitoners for the duration of the event provided be Ski Patrol and Muddy Medics will be on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes, boards and skis.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe and on the mountain for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities are available on location.
Please Note that in the event of bad weather the event will be rescheduled to Sunday the 18th of March.
It is important that participants register acurate email addresses and look for information in the week leading up to the race.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Flowriders - Jess Ledingham
2) Progression Bikes Racing - Lynette Deacon
3) @girlwithasingletrackmind @ridingswitch - Catherine Hart
4) Bikes, Boards & Blethers - Zara Kane
5) Vyking Energy - Samantha Pickard Pickard
6) Muddy Flappers - Emma Knight
7) Muddy Flappers - Rebecca Preece
8) Muddy Flappers - Sarah Grimshaw
9) - Anna Morrissey
10) Nevis Cycles - fiona Beattie
11) Flotec Suspension - Mikayla Parton
12) Descent World - louise ferguson
13) Nevis Cycles - Emma Holgate
14) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
15) The Elliott Boys - Sam Elliott
16) The Elliott Boys - Steve Elliott
17) Icycles - lewis cowe
18) Progression bikes racing - neil whittet
19) full gas - neil fraser
20) Team McGraw - Graham Johnston
21) Team McCann - Chris McCann
22) Rough rider - Fraser Kingscott
23) Monsterbike - Greg Mathieson
24) Mast Riders - Kyle Thomson
25) BTR - Moray Goodfellow
26) GoNorth - Neil Mackintosh
27) Bike Craft Cartel - Euan Taylor
28) Haddy lads - Joel Paterson
29) Pangolin Racing - Matthew Miller
30) A DOC - Aidan Doherty
31) GoNorth - Robert Grant
32) Gnarly Dudes - Murray Flett
33) Gnarly Dudes - Mike Ashcroft
34) Greg c - Greg Campbell
35) @Dan_Lead - Daniel Leadbetter
36) KTNR - Daniel Braund
37) Cotic - Richard Baybutt
38) i-cycles - Angus Hamilton
39) Don't Panic - Felix Maddison
40) Strath MB - Conan Finch
41) Bespoke Bikes - Pete Hoggan
42) MAC-Stuart McAviney - Stuart McAviney
43) Vyking Energy - Abe Watkinson
44) Vyking Energy - Robert Pickard
45) Heeftlander - Johnpaul Cunningham
46) Thirsk Massive - Mark Dowson
47) Are you Horseye type? - Daniel Muir
48) Black Salami - Neil Stewart
49) Team Ginge - Tom Leonard
50) Daft Dad - Tim ONeal
51) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Jon Mitchell
52) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Colin Inglis
53) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Lee Summers
54) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - James Sorrie
55) Lonesome Racing - Daniel Woodward
56) Feelin Supersonic - Andrew Macpherson
57) les pinnerz factory skiduro pro race team - Adam Ferguson
58) Muckmedden - Fraser Urquhart
59) Aw the Gear.. Nae Idear - Gordon O’Hare
60) The lone wolf - Kevin Hearmon
61) Culburnie Ski bike racing - Alasdair Rothe
62) Shut up legs - Paul Wilson
63) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - David George
64) PRODUCTION PRIVEE - DAMIEN Nosella
65) Rex Racing - Simon Goodwin
66) Chocolatiers Edward & Irwyn - Bob Slaney
67) Alpine Al - Alistair Docherty
68) Dizzy Rossco - Ross Black
69) Spenceley - Dougal Spenceley
70) Heeftlander - Paul Jameson
71) Black Salami - Matt Hale
72) NDH - Carl Davison
73) Philsgotavagina - Michael Elstob
74) Bad Decision Society - William Greer
75) Team BSP - ben smith-price
76) Black salami - Ed Rider. .
77) Thirsk massive - Ian Ashby
78) CUMT Alumni - George May
79) CUMT Alumni - James Dickson
80) ¡¡BTR!! - Sean Dugan
81) CK - Calum King
82) Ak - Andrew Kneeshaw
83) Crack Cleaners - Sean Robertson
84) Innes Mac - Innes MacLellan
85) the dudes - fergus lamb
86) Bike Doctor Stirling - Craig Letton
87) Mike's Bikes Aviemore - Murray Watson
88) John charlton - John Charlton
89) Tarbert MTB - Daz Brown
90) Chris H - Chris Hetherington
91) FAT ATHLETE - Nick Holling
92) SoShimano Racing - Jorge Serrada
93) HEEFT LANDER - Colin Andrews
94) Ae Bike Shop. - Andrew Young
Team95) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Charlie Barrow
96) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Miginty Migonaguls
97) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Smithers Smith
98) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Pie Eddie
99) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Seadog MacDonald
100) Jon's Stag-an-dooro - Swifty Smith
101) MEAT &VEG - Mark Watson
102) MEAT &VEG - Mark Hearmon
103) Dangerous Bros 1 - stewart logan
104) Dangerous Bros 1 - fraser logan
105) Dangerous Bros 2 - brian logan
106) Dangerous Bros 2 - Graham Wilson
107) What's the worst..... - Lindsey Cummings
108) What's the worst..... - James Urquhart
109) Bill + Bens Adventure!!! - Lee Gibson
110) Bill + Bens Adventure!!! - Edward Thorogood
111) Normvinceable - Norman Clark
112) Normvinceable - Vince Macintosh
113) Paolo and Mario - Mari Cole
114) Paolo and Mario - Peter Thompson
115) Rock and Road - Katherine Needham
116) Rock and Road - Tony Bancewicz
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 0745 on Saturday for all , all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip. In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders/skiers/boarders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the intstructions from event staff. Please remember not to get to close to start or finnish gates outwith racing.
4. Please note there is NO practice runs allowed on the bike or ski or board course. Blind racing!
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike skies or board.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the path/piste when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules