online entries are now closed!
If you wish to enter this event please email [email protected]
MASH UP ENDURO RESULTS HERE
After much consideration, deliberation and scenario planning we have today taken the following decision. Having been one of the worst ski seasons in history and the current lack of snow cover, it would be dangerous (irresponsible) and not enjoyable to have a snowsports stage in this years event.
We have therefore resorted to plan (?) and we will run a Mash Up Enduro on Sunday the 31st of March.
Here are some important details of how it is going to work.
1 There will be Four Stages (not to gnarly) using the fantastic selection of trails at NevisRange
2 Riders will be set of in four waves. 1000, 1015, 1030 and 1100.
3 Riders have 20 time stamps and each stage equals two stamps, riders must complete all four stages once, if riders chose to do multiple runs on a stage then the riders fastest time on the stage is the one that counts. Please note that riders can practice each stage without using a time stamp. Please be aware other riders on the stage may be on timed runs.
4 Riders must return their timing chip within 5 hours of their start wave.
We think that this format is going to be pretty exciting, for those who have never ridden enduro before this is an ideal Introduro (see what I did there). Entries are open at www.nofussevents.co.uk
Please note we will be marking stages on Saturday, whilst we actively discourage practicing we realise we cannot stop you riding the trails. we therefore request that you have a heightened awareness of others who may be working on the trails on Saturday.
How could we not do it again?
Welcome to Ski-an-duro (or more properly Sgian-dubh-ro) This was perhaps one of the most exciting, challenging and ultimatly most awesome things we ever got involved with. The event was new to our calender for 2018, we want to make it more amazing in 2019. For those who took part there is no doubt that Ski-an-duro is the most classic combination, mixing up snow and ski/board cross with mounatin bike enduro.
No Fuss Events and Nevis Range are delighted to stage the second ever ski/board/mountain bike enduro race in March 2019.
The race is scheduled to take place on the 30th March. The 2019 Ski an Duro race will be open to 200 Individuals.
THE COST OF THIS EVENT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE SNOWSPORT PASS WHICH WILL BE PAYABLE ON THE DAY TO NEVISRANGE AT THE FURTHER COST OF 25 POUNDS
The format is simple:
There will be two stages with your combined time giving you a grid position for the final mass start stage.
Stage One, A classic mountain bike enduro stage utilising one of the many legendary stages at Nevisrange.
Stage Two, The snowsport stage utilising the mountains terrain and maximising the existing snow cover this stage is for skiers or boarders and will present a course as demanding as conditions will allow.
Stage Three, The mass start race from as high on the mountain as conditions will allow, participants will race to the designated transition area before changing to mountain bike and descending the mountain using parts of the world famous mountain bike downhill course and other classic enduro routes that the mountain has to offer.
PLEASE READ THE REALITY CHECK
There are so many uncontrolable factors in running this event. Number 1 the weather.
We have therefore decided that for 2019 NO EVENT REFUNDS will be available after the 14/3/19. If we connot run the event on the Saturday the 30th we will try again on Sunday the 31st. If in the unfortunate circumstances we cannot run on the 31st of March. We will attempt to run a mash up Mountain Bike Enduro. The format being four stages that you can run as many times in four hours with you fastest time on each stage counting towards your result.
Ski-an-duro takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at the Pinemartin Cafe, Nevis Range from 0730 am until 10 am on
Saturday 31st March, 2019.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, collect your race numbers, timing chip, race information and lift pass.
Please note that the Pinemartin will be open from 0700
Registration will be open from 0730
Mandatory Race briefing will be at the Pinemartin Cafe at 0745
Bike Stage Open practice 0800 - 1000
Bike Seeding Runs 1000 - 1200
Please note that on completion of bike seeding, participants will be required to make their way up the mountain with bike and snow sports equipment.
Snow sports practice will be open from 1100 - 1330
Snow sports seeding 1300 - 1515
1530 All participants depart from the top station.
1615 Grid Positions for Mass Start
1630 Race Start.
The race will be timed using Sportident timing system, riders/skiers/boarders need to make themselves aware of how the system works and how to use efficiently.
There will be on site medical practitoners provided by Ski Patrol and Muddy Medics will be on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshals throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes, boards and skis.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe and on the mountain for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities are available on location.
Please Note that in the event of bad weather the event will be rescheduled to Sunday the 31st of March.
It is important that participants register accurate email addresses and look for information in the week leading up to the race.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Mash Up Bike1) Nevis Range - Mikayla Parton
2) Solo entry - Clare Janse
3) Gnarly Dudes - Mike Ashcroft
4) Don't Panic - Felix Maddison
5) . - Chris Hetherington
6) Zerpetron. RideOn - Howard Stuttard
7) The Hillbillies - Marc Adipura
8) Marcus Lindsay - Marcus Lindsay
9) Sam - Sam Barrett
10) Mike's Bikes Aviemore - Murray Watson
11) Stag - Joel Hazlett
12) Stag - Ed Roe
13) - - Murray Flett
14) Will B Flatoot - Tim Kerridge
15) Teper Bros - Patrick Teper
16) Teper Bros - James Teper
17) Gerbil - Scott Jervis
18) Gordon Anderson - Gordon Anderson
19) Team Bambino - Elliot Hall
20) Progression bikes racing - neil whittet
21) Mark watson - Mark Watson
22) Alex - Alexander Maclellan
23) Haven't a Clue - Andrew Donaldson
24) Looseriders Glasgow - Murray Mckillop
25) GoNorth - Neil Mackintosh
26) Puffers and Wheezers - jamie Gartside
27) Puffers and Wheezers - Steven Coulter
28) Black Salami - Neil Stewart
29) Tarbert MTB - Daz Brown
30) Coo Fielders - Peter Carmichael
31) As long as I’m not last - Mark Hearmon
32) Triathlon Inverness - George Reid
33) Bark and Ride - Matt Orton
34) Nukeproof - Alastair MacLennan
35) Team Duncan - Ritchie Duncan
36) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - Callum Morrison
Mash Up Bike37) The Hillbillies - Bev Adipura
38) - - - Chris McCann
39) Bones mend...press SEND. - Lee Gibson
40) Zerpetron. RideOn - Frank Broadleday
41) Zerpetron. RideOn - Dan Hopwood
42) The Bike Stable - MICK Elson
43) RSD - Jon Mitchell
44) TeamRideIt - Steven Bowie
45) Stag - Warren Hazlett
46) Stag - Gavin Hazlett
47) Weird in the Woods - Stuart McAviney
48) Logie B - Logan Barker
49) Paddy Hartell - Paddy Hartell
50) Cotic - Richard Baybutt
51) KTNR - Daniel Braund
52) Will B Flatoot - Ramsay Kerridge
53) FAT ATHLETE - Big Jock
54) GYMTB - David Belt
55) William Johnston - William Johnston
56) Tanuki - Bob MacGregor
Team57) Weeeeeee! - Ian Wrigley
58) Weeeeeee! - James Hulme
59) The Effective Team - Mat Cooper
60) The Effective Team - Stephanie Cooper
61) The Bean Shop - Eva Kupska
62) The Bean Shop - Jarek Horak
63) Mario and Pedro - Pedro Thompson
64) Mario and Pedro - Mari Cole
65) Rock and Road - Katherine Needham
66) Rock and Road - Tony Bancewicz
1. Mandatory pre-event meeting at 0745 on Saturday for all, all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip. In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders/skiers/boarders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the instructions from event staff. Please remember not to get to close to start or finish gates outwith racing.
4. Please note there is NO practice runs allowed on the bike or ski or board course. Blind racing!
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike skies or board.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behaviour is totally unacceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the path/piste when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY health and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules