How could we not do it again?
Welcome to Ski-an-duro (or more properly Sgian-dubh-ro) This was perhaps one of the most exciting, challenging and ultimatly most awesome things we ever got involved with. The event was new to our calender for 2018, we want to make it more amazing in 2019. For those who took part there is no doubt that Ski-an-duro is the most classic combination, mixing up snow and ski/board cross with mounatin bike enduro.
No Fuss Events and Nevis Range are delighted to stage the second ever ski/board/mountain bike enduro race in March 2019.
The race is scheduled to take place on the 30th March. The 2019 Ski an Duro race will be open to 200 Individuals.
THE COST OF THIS EVENT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE SNOWSPORT PASS WHICH WILL BE PAYABLE ON THE DAY TO NEVISRANGE AT THE FURTHER COST OF 25 POUNDS
The format is simple:
There will be two stages with your combined time giving you a grid position for the final mass start stage.
Stage One, A classic mountain bike enduro stage utilising one of the many legendary stages at Nevisrange.
Stage Two, The snowsport stage utilising the mountains terrain and maximising the existing snow cover this stage is for skiers or boarders and will present a course as demanding as conditions will allow.
Stage Three, The mass start race from as high on the mountain as conditions will allow, participants will race to the designated transition area before changing to mountain bike and descending the mountain using parts of the world famous mountain bike downhill course and other classic enduro routes that the mountain has to offer.
PLEASE READ THE REALITY CHECK
There are so many uncontrolable factors in running this event. Number 1 the weather.
We have therefore decided that for 2019 NO EVENT REFUNDS will be available after the 14/3/19. If we connot run the event on the Saturday the 30th we will try again on Sunday the 31st. If in the unfortunate circumstances we cannot run on the 31st of March. We will attempt to run a mash up Mountain Bike Enduro. The format being five stages that you can run as many times in four hours with you fastest time on each stage counting towards your result.
Ski-an-duro takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at the Pinemartin Cafe, Nevis Range from 0730 am until 10 am on Saturday the 30th March, 2019.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and lift pass.
Please note that the Pinemartin will be open from 0700.
Registration will be open from 0730
Mandatory Race briefing will be at the Pinemartin Cafe at 0745.
Bike Stage Open practice 0800 - 1000
Bike Seeding Runs 1000 - 1200.
Please note that on completion of bike seeding, participants will be required to make their way up the mountain with bike and snow sports equipment.
Snow sports practice will be open from 1100 - 1330
Snow sports seeding 1300 - 1515
1530 All participants depart from the top station.
1615 Grid Positions for Mass Start
1630 Race Start.
The race will be timed using Sportident timing system, riders/skiers/boarders need to make themselves aware of how the system works and how to use efficiently.
There will be on site medical practitoners provided by Ski Patrol and Muddy Medics will be on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshals throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes, boards and skis.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe and on the mountain for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities are available on location.
Please Note that in the event of bad weather the event will be rescheduled to Sunday the 31st of March.
It is important that participants register accurate email addresses and look for information in the week leading up to the race.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Ski and Bike1) Gnarly Dudes - Louise Whitehead
2) Bx - Brydie McLearnon
3) Nevis Range - Mikayla Parton
4) Solo entry - Clare Janse
5) Gnarly Dudes - Mike Ashcroft
6) Don't Panic - Felix Maddison
7) . - Chris Hetherington
8) Strath MB / Oxive - Conan Finch
9) Zerpetron. RideOn - Howard Stuttard
10) The Hillbillies - Marc Adipura
11) Marcus Lindsay - Marcus Lindsay
12) Sam - Sam Barrett
13) Mike's Bikes Aviemore - Murray Watson
14) Stag - Joel Hazlett
15) Stag - Ed Roe
16) - - Murray Flett
17) Will B Flatoot - Tim Kerridge
18) Teper Bros - Patrick Teper
19) Teper Bros - James Teper
20) Gerbil - Scott Jervis
21) Gordon Anderson - Gordon Anderson
22) Team Bambino - Elliot Hall
23) Progression bikes racing - neil whittet
24) Mark watson - Mark Watson
25) FL - Fergus Loder
Solo Board and Bike26) The Hillbillies - Bev Adipura
27) - - - Chris McCann
28) Torpical fun - Russ Lamberty
29) Bones mend...press SEND. - Lee Gibson
30) Zerpetron. RideOn - Frank Broadleday
31) Zerpetron. RideOn - Dan Hopwood
32) The Bike Stable - MICK Elson
33) RSD - Jon Mitchell
34) TeamRideIt - Steven Bowie
35) Misguided knight of Ni - Kevin Wilson
36) Stag - Warren Hazlett
37) Stag - Gavin Hazlett
38) Weird in the Woods - Stuart McAviney
39) Logie B - Logan Barker
40) Rig111 - James Erith
41) Paddy Hartell - Paddy Hartell
42) Cotic - Richard Baybutt
43) KTNR - Daniel Braund
Team44) Weeeeeee! - Ian Wrigley
45) Weeeeeee! - James Hulme
46) The Bean Shop - Eva Kupska
47) The Bean Shop - Jarek Horak
48) Mario and Pedro - Pedro Thompson
49) Mario and Pedro - Mari Cole
50) Rock and Road - Katherine Needham
51) Rock and Road - Tony Bancewicz
1. Mandatory pre-event meeting at 0745 on Saturday for all, all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing chip. In order for stages to count riders must pass through the start and finish gates and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders/skiers/boarders should always check in with stage officials prior to starting their stage. Please adhere to the instructions from event staff. Please remember not to get to close to start or finish gates outwith racing.
4. Please note there is NO practice runs allowed on the bike or ski or board course. Blind racing!
5. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike skies or board.
6. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
7. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behaviour is totally unacceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
8. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of any rider or team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
9. Where practicable riders pushing or walking for whatever reason should stay on the least rideable portion of the path/piste when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
10. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
11. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to an official. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a stage time. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY health and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules