Well Done to all the budding triatheletes !!!
THE RESULTS ARE HERE
The Baton Triathlon
ONLINE ENTRIES FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW CLOSED!
IF YOU ARE WANTING TO ENTER THE TRIATHLON YOU CAN ENTER AT LOCHABER LEISURE CENTRE OR EMAIL [email protected] WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME,AGE AND EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS - THANK YOU.
The "Baton Triathlon" is a great new event modelled on the hugely popular Australian Kids Triathlon which sees more than 40,000 children taking part each year. Orginised by No Fuss Events (the people behind the Big Ben and Highland Warrior Triathlon series) on behalf of Active Tots and Highlife Highland, the Baton Triathlon is for children aged 4 - 18 years old. The event is free to enter and non competitive - so everyone is a winner. But, it will be timed so that each participant can see how well they do. The Baton Triathlon will comprise of a swim, cycle and run over an achievable course that is suitable for all abilities and will operate in a safe environment, based at Lochaber Leisure Centre in Fort William.
CAN A TEAM ENTER?
No - participants will take part as solo's. Don't worry though, all the distances are very manageble and there will be marshals to help along the way!
WHERE DO THE TRIATHLON ELEMENTS TAKE PLACE?
Swim - Lochaber Leisure Centre pool
Cycle and Run - 4-12yrs playing fields by Leisure Centre. 13-18yrs Glen Nevis
WHAT ARE THE DISTANCES AND SEQUENCES OF EVENTS?
All distances will be very achievable for any age and ability:
Cat 1 4-6 years - 12.5m swim (1 width) / 250m cycle (1 lap) / 150m run (1 lap)
Cat 2 7-8 years - 25m swin (2 widths) / 450m cycle (1 lap)/ 250m run (1 lap)
Cat 3 9-10 years - 25m swim (1 length) / 900m cycle (2 laps) / 250m run (1 lap)
Cat 4 11-12 years - 50m swim (2 lengths) / 900m cycle (2 laps) / 250m run (1 lap)
Cat 5 13-18 years - 75m swim (3 lengths) / 2km cycle / 1km run (venue for cycle and run is Glen Nevis)
Participants will set of at 20 second intervals to avoid a mass start and give each competitor plenty of space.
Once the swim is completed, everyone will have time to change before making the way to the cycle transition and completing the required laps around their category course. For category 1 -4 this will be marked on the Leisure Centre Playing field. for Cat 5 the cycle will take place in Glen Nevis with the transition in the Braveheart car park.
Following the cycle, bikes are stored in transition and participants begin the final run. For cat 1-4 this will also be in the playing field. For cat 5 the run will bring competitors back to the leisure centre from the Glen.
On completion of the run, each participant crosses the finish line to recieve their baton triathlon medal and big cheers from the crowd!
Parents/guardians may help their children change over from swim to cycle and from the cycle to run in the transition areas.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS NEEDED TO TAKE PART?
every participant must bring the following:
Swimming Suit / trunks (goggles/armbands optional);
Bike and Helmet;
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Cat 1 Age 4-6 years1) The Lightning Bolts - Lucy Valentine
2) Henderson - Eliora Henderson
3) Team P - Katie Pescod
4) Bugsly - Sarah Burton
5) Andzelina - Andzelina Gerasimuka
6) Aleksandra - Aleksandra Gerasimuka
7) Azzurri Tri - Christopher Mocci
8) Team Splash and Dash - Luke McGilvray
9) Matthew Purdon - Matthew Purdon
10) team britton - lewis britton
11) Max - Max Sen
12) Roddy - Roddy MacInnes
Cat 2 Age 7-8 years13) Gray Girls - Anna Gray
14) Glasgow Dynamos - Ava Martin
15) Mia Deschenes - Mia Deschenes
16) Team P - Megan Pescod
17) Team Splash and Dash - Caitlin McGilvray
18) Cara MacAllister - Cara MacAllister
19) Team ellie - Ellie Dennison
20) Zoe Hough - Zoe Hough
21) Feisty Fletchers - Millie Fletcher
22) Skye - Skye Speirs
23) Gilrean - Gilrean Mackillop
24) Iris - Iris Mcwhirter
25) Elizabeth - Elizabeth Morgon
26) ddp - Daniel Parfitt
27) GEORDIE DUNCAN - GEOORDIE DUNCAN
28) KIAN DUNCAN - KIAN DUNCAN
29) Henderson - Oran Henderson
30) Seonaidh - Seonaidh MacDonald
31) Team Triathlon - Shaughn-Paul Dunlop
32) simply the best - jamie macmaster
33) Nether Lochaber - Sam Nicolson
34) Weemac - Archie MacIntyre
35) macmaster - jamie macmaster
36) team britton - ben britton
37) Martin - Martin Addison
38) Arda - Arda Ywksel
39) Liam - Liam Martin
40) Rio Bell - Susan Bell
41) Kirsty - Kirsty Oliver
42) Luca - Luca Kerr
43) Team Martin - Dylan Martin
Cat 3 Age 9-10 years44) The Lightning Bolts - Poppy Valentine
45) Gray Girls - Alice Gray
46) Jude kyle - Jude Kyle
47) Amelia Gillies - Amelia Gillies
48) simply the bestl - rebeka macmaster
49) Glasgow team - Natasha Guarin
50) Glasgow team - Ruby Paterson
51) Morar MacDonalds - Grace MacDonald
52) MJR - Maighsi Rough
53) Kaleigh - Kaleigh Howden
54) Leah - Leah Maxtone
55) Team Martin - Caitlyn Martin
56) The Lightning Bolts - Joseph Flude
57) Felix Deschenes - Felix Deschenes
58) Team P - Owen Pescod
59) Team Sports - Fraser Disher
60) celtic bhoys - Craig MacDonald
61) celtic bhoys - Jamie MacConnell
62) Mathew - Mathew Logan
63) Rainers - Rainers Graubergs
64) Feisty Fletchers - Rhys Fletcher
65) AJ - AJ Maclachlan
Cat 4 Age 11-12 years66) Team tegan - Tegan Dennison
67) Teresa - Teresa Macdonald
68) Amy - Amy Back
69) Stephanie - Stephanie Spears
70) Morar MacDonalds - Ben MacDonald
71) Siobhan - Siobhan Gordon
72) Owen - Owen McDonald
73) Campbell - Campbell Calder-Kerr
Cat 5 Age 13-18 years74) Henderson - Romy Melville
75) Sean - Sena Macdonald