ENTRIES TO THE DUDES OF HAZZARD ENDURO 2014 ARE NOW CLOSED.
THE WAITING LIST IS NOW ALSO CHOCKA!
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS ENTERED, DON'T FORGET TO DUST OFF YOUR WATERPROOF SHORTS!
The final round of the Scottish Enduro Series will be hosted by No Fuss and The Dudes of Hazzard at their 3rd Annual 'This is Enduro Now' enduro in Kinlochleven. The Dudes of Hazzard enduro has gained a reputation for great racing over challenging terrain, slick organistation and fantastic craic! These values are exactly what the Scottish Enduro Series is all about so there is little doubt that the final round and series prizegiving should be at this legendary event.
Expect great stages and brilliant entertainment!
After your days practice, get yourself clean and shiny (there are showers in the Ice Factor if you aren't staying in Kinlochleven) and get yourself fed - the Ice Factor are cooking up a curry or pasta for those who fancy it - PRE-BOOK HERE (scroll down to ENDUROFODDER).
There are also 2 other pubs, a Co-op and a chippy in Kinlochleven so don't foget to spread the love!!
After dinner we will be treated to a Red Bull Movie, as well as the Exclusive World Premiere of the brand new The Dudes of Hazzard movie, 'Business as Usual'. After that, keeping the spirits high will be funky fantastic DJ B-Burg giving us some tunes to get down to!
The course for This is Enduro, Now! consists of 3 stages. The total length of the course is approximately 14miles/22km. The stages are between 1.2miles and 1.5miles long.
You can practice them in any order you like on Saturday between 9am and 3.30pm (it's pretty much dark by 4pm so try to be down by 3.30pm)
There are no feed stations on the course. You will pass through/close to town on each lap. Please prepare yourself for a day on the hills being self sufficient.
We have a lot of you guys this year, so to further reduce any queuing on the hill we will be using all 3 stages at the same time. YOU MUST RIDE THE STAGES IN THE ORDER GIVEN TO YOU. This will be:
Please do not change the order.
With this system we will be sending 30 people every 8 minutes - earliest start time 8.30, latest start time 10.24. There should be plenty of time to space yourselves out at the start of the stage too, so don't panic too much about getting an early start time.
Timing Chips will be getting handed out from 8am. Please come no earlier than 30 minutes before your start time to collect your chip - if your start time is 9.30am, please don't join the queue until 9am etc.
Timing chips should be worn on either wrist, there will be timing boxes on both sides of the trail at the top and the bottom of each stage. It is your responsibility to 'dib' in and out of each stage - look for the flash of the light and listen for a beep.
Prizegiving will take place in the Ice Factor once everyone has finished the race. This will be approximately 4.15pm.
Prizes for the Dudes race will be held first with some great prizes for all the categories, including the coveted Dudes Trophy Lamp for the overall winner.
During this prizegiving Spook will be badgering away in spreadsheet land figuring out the Scottish Enduro Series Champions 2014. Remember the series will be won by the rider in each category with the 4 best results.
Who's it going to be???
• The number of participants in every event will be fixed in advance and will be communicated via this website.
• The Series is open to all riders over the age of 16.
• You do not need a license to race in the series.
• Please read these rules, ride hard and have fun!
Categories will be set by the age you are on the 22nd February 2014, the first event of the series. You may not change categories half way through the series.
• Junior Boy 16-19
• Junior Girl 16-19
• Senior Men 20-29
• Master Men 30-39
• Veteran Men 40-49
• Super Vet Men 50+
• Hardtail Man
• Hardtail Lady
Bike and personal equipment
• The courses are designed to suit a mid-travel trail bike, not specific xc or dh bikes.
• Riders should use the same frame, fork and wheels during a whole event.
• Different bikes can be used for seperate events.
• Bikes will be scrutinised before departing to ride the course.
• All bikes must have bar plugs and be in perfect working order.
• The race directors have the right to deny entry to the event if they feel a bike is not of a suitable standard.
• Riders must wear a certified helmet at all times, including transfer sections. Riders found not wearing a helmet may be disqualified.
• Helmet, gloves and knee protectors must be worn in all timed stages. Riders may choose to ride the transition stage with less protection (helmet must be on though).
• Elbow and back protection are strongly recommended.
Each competitor should be completely self-sufficient. It is recommended that each rider carries the following items:
• Mobile phone. An emergency contact number will be provided at registration.
• Basic first aid kit (Minimum: 1 x Dressing Pad for heavy bleeding (field dressing); bandage, plasters).
• Wind/Waterproof top.
• Bike repair kit (tube, tyre leavers, pump or CO2 canisters, allen keys, chain tool).
• Whistle can be a good idea in case you go over a bank, break a leg and no one can see you.
• Sufficient food and water to meet your individual energy needs for 5 hours of riding.
• Sunscreen and insect repellent depending on the season.
Course Markings / Hazards
• The course may have narrow sections and exposed rocks, steep climbs and descents and will not suitable for beginners.
• Potholes, rocks, rutted tracks, steep descents, banks etc are all part of what is required to be negotiated by the competitor. When you are in this environment YOU are the person primarily responsible for your own safety. Any hazards outside of those expected will be identified and marked accordingly to ensure your safety.
• It is the duty of each competitor to assist any other competitor who appears to be injured or in difficulty and to possibly alert the race director. Should you stop to help an injured rider you will be granted the option of repeating the stage.
• The Scottish Enduro Series races take place on a circuit marked with a variable number of mostly uphill transfer stages and mostly downhill timed stages. Riders must complete the timed stages in ascending order, 1 then 2 etc, unless otherwise instructed by the race organiser.
• In the interest of safety there will be a cut off time to complete the whole event. Riders will be notified of this at the race briefing on the morning of the event.
• The course will be marked with signs and tape. Where a course is double taped you must ride between the tape. Anything else is placed as a guideline as to the direction of the course.
• If a Rider exits the timed stage course, he/she must re-enter at the same point and, if altered, restore the tape as he/she found it.
• Riders cannot repeat any stage even if they suffer a mechanical failure on course.
• Practice is only allowed 2 days before the race. Any rider found on a marked trail before this will not be allowed to take part in the event.
Riders’ should and should not
• Riders should not leave any rubbish along the route. ALL food wrappers, drink bottles, tubes etc must please be carried to the finish line and not discarded anywhere along the route. Anyone seen discarding rubbish will be disqualified and will not receive a time or position as applicable (take memories or photos, but leave only tyre marks).
• Riders should not modify race number plates.
• Competitors should read the pre-race course briefing notes supplied at registration.
• Competitors should obey instructions from Marshals at all times. They are there for everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
• Any Rider withdrawing from the event should notify the race office as soon as possible.
• Every competitor should adapt his/her speed and his/her behavior to his/her personal abilities, his/her equipment and to the general conditions the event is raced in.
• Each Rider authorises the use of any images or videos taken during the event he/she may be appearing in.
• Registration for all events will open as directed on this website.
• Entry to Scottish Enduro Series races cost £45 per round.
• On registering, each Rider agrees to the rules of the event.
• Entry for each event closes one week prior to the event, if not full before then.
• Entries are non-refundable less than four weeks from the event. If you are unable to compete for medical reasons we will refund you on receipt of a doctor’s note. It is also not possible to transfer entries to any other events, next year’s event, or a different Rider.
• Registration and payment will be made online.
• For the registration the Rider will have to inform an on-line form concerning his names, first names, age, gender and address.
• The registration will be validated only after the payment of the fees on the registration website.
• Details of the course will not be made known before the event.
• Timing will be conducted by No Fuss Events using a SportIdent system.
• Pro category Riders depart 15 minutes before the start of the other categories.
• All other categories will choose their start times on Saturday afternoon after practice. Choose who you want to ride with and what time you want to get up!
• From stage 2 onwards Riders can start each timed stage as soon as they reach the start line. There are no start times or running order but there will be minimum 20 second time intervals between each Rider starting a timed stage.
• You are responsible for your timing chip and for dibbing in and out of stages. Please look after these - lost or broken timing chips will cost you £25 to replace.
Responsibilities of Riders
• The Enduro series organisers shall not be held liable in any way for any loss, damage or accidents that may occur during any of the events. Riders are aware that cycling is potentially dangerous.
Penalties and complaints
• No external assistance is permitted on the track, assistance is only allowed in the pits area. Assistance outside the pits area will incur in a time penalty.
• If a Rider catches up with a slower Rider on course, he/she should let the faster Rider past as quickly as possible. Failure to do so will result in a 30 second penalty. The faster Rider should give lots of warning and clear directions as to which side they will pass on. Aggressive or impatient behavior from the faster Rider may also result in a 30 second time penalty. Play fair.
• Any complaints about the race should be done formally to the race office within 15 minutes of the end of the Rider’s race.
• Any complaints about the results should be done formally to the race office within 24hrs of result's publication.
• Any dangerous or disrespectful behavior against other racers, marshals, nature, trails or spectators will lead to a time penalty depending of the level of the fault. Race director can also decide to disqualify the Rider.
Podium and prizes
• Riders who finish in the top three in their category are expected, where possible, to attend the podium presentation.
• Podiums and prize presentation will be as soon as possible after the last rider is finished on race day Sundays.
• The timed stages are counted to establish the ranking. Winner of the event will be the rider who will have put least time to complete the all the timed stages.
• A scratch ranking and by category ranking will be established. In the case of a tie, the time of the last stage will decide the winner and so on.
• Points will be assigned as according to the Points Table, which can be found below.
• Overall ranking will be based on the 4 best results from the 6 races of the series.
• In the case of a tie, the best result of the series will decide the winner and so on.
• The people in each of the categories with the highest points will be crowned Scottish Enduro Series Champions.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Senior Male 19-291) - Ross Young
Veteran Male 40-492) OMGLOL - Steve Mackenzie
Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.
Definitions: “Conditions” means these terms and conditions of entry for the Event. “Entry Form” means the website pages which must be completed in order to participate in the Event. “Event” means the event named on the Entry Form. “Event Organiser” means No Fuss Events, a company registered in Scotland. “Fee” means the price of entry into the Event as set out in the Entry Form. “Participant” means the person named on the Entry Form who will be participating in the Event.
Acceptance of Conditions: These Conditions shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms or conditions (whether or not in conflict or inconsistent with these Conditions) contained or referred to in any documentation submitted by the Participant or in correspondence or elsewhere or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing. A variation of these Conditions is only valid if the Event Organiser (No Fuss) gives notice to the Participant in writing in any official Event material or correspondence prior to the Event (including via email), The Participant shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon completion of the Entry Form.
FOR REFUND INFORMATION PLEASE SEE SECTION 3.
1.1 The Participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous and is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
1.2 The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event. The Participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to participate, the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these Conditions.
1.3 The Participant agrees to abide by all applicable event rules and regulation. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions. The relevant rules and regulations may be obtained from the NO Fuss website www.nofussevents.co.uk under event specific rules.
1.4 The Participant must present for registration process at the times and on the day as instructed in the Event Information which will be issued by the Event Organiser before the Event.
1.5 It is the Participant’s responsibility to provide and use necessary equipment which complies with rules and event regulations.
1.6 The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event (as initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion) to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times.
1.7 The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other Participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
1.8 While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
1.9 The minimum age of entry for events is 16 years old at the 31st December of the Event year. Participants who are under 16 years old on the 31st December of the Event year may race in specific events if identified in the events specific rules.
1.10 All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final. Accordingly, the Participant will comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshals, and safety personnel. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placing.
1.11 These Conditions are personal to the Participant and it may not assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. The Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is purchased for personal use only, that it cannot be donated free of charge or otherwise given away for free, and that it is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorised by the Event Organiser), and in particular, that the Entry may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion use as a prize (including in competitions and sweepstakes), travel packages, or for any other trade purposes. Donation, give away, resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
1.12 The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant other than set out in clause 4 below. By way of example, and for illustration purposes only, car parking arrangements and issues with hotels, may arise/change but such changes/issues will not allow the Participant to withdraw and nor will the Event Organiser be deemed liable except as otherwise set out herein.
2. Bookings and Payments
2.1 In consideration for being granted the right to participate, the Participant must pay the Fee by no later than the closing date set out on the Entry Form.
2.2 The Participant shall either (a) complete the Entry Form online and submit it together with payment of the Fee online in accordance with the Event Organisers’ website or (b) complete the Entry Form by hand and fill in the appropriate card details and send it by post.
2.3 The Participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the Fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
3. Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations
3.1 The Event Organiser operates a 7 day cooling off period. Accordingly, the Participant is entitled to cancel his/her application to participate provided the Event Organiser receives written notice of cancellation within 7 days of payment of the Fee (payment being deemed made for the purposes of this clause 3.1 by clicking on the make payment link on the Protx Secure Payment webpage or receipt of the Entry Form sent by post in accordance with clause 2.1 above). During this 7 day period the Participant is able to cancel its entry and receive a full refund of the Fee by emailing [email protected] or writing to Event Organiser, No Fuss Towers, 20 Hillview Crescent, Corpach, PH33 7LS. The notice must be received before the end of the 7 day cooling off period.
3.2.1 If the event is cancelled due to circumstances out of the organisers control then no refunds will be offered. This includes situations such as adverse weather conditions or major incidents.
3.2.2 If the event is cancelled due to circumstances within the organisers control then entrants will be offered a 50% refund. Entrants must apply in writing (via email) to claim their refund. No refunds will be granted after one month has passed from the event date.
3.2.3 Entrants wishing to withdraw must inform the organiser by email. Entry fees will be refunded as follows; more than two months before 75% refund (less any Protx Secure Payment fees), more than one month before 50% refund (less any Protx Secure Payment fees). Less than one month - no refund.
3.2.4 Entries are not transferable.
3.3 In the event the Event Organiser withdraws the offer of a place to the Participant in the Event for any reason at any time it will provide the Participant with a full refund of the Fee, with no further liability whatsoever arising from such withdrawal. Notwithstanding this clause 3.7 no refund shall be made where otherwise set out herein (including for the avoidance of doubt clauses 1.3, 1.8).
3.4 The withdrawal policy set out in this clause 3 does not apply to Charity Pledge Place Participants whose places are the property of the charity.
4. Event Organiser Responsibilities/Liability
4.1 Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions the Event Organiser shall not be liable to the Participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the Participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submitting the Entry Form) arising out of the Participant taking part in the Event or any other matter arising under these Conditions nor for an aggregate amount greater than the Fee paid by the Participant. Without limiting the foregoing, the Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties unless otherwise set out herein.
4.2 Accordingly the Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably renounces, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claims whatsoever against the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, suppliers and/or sponsors and/or persons for whom it is answerable (“Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage of whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and caused by an event in any way relating to the Participant’s participation in Event, and the Participant hereby undertakes, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title to indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organiser, and the Associated Parties for any costs and/or amount which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of any recourse or claim aforesaid by whomsoever made. The Participant also agrees to indemnify the Event Organiser and the Associated Parties for any claim, actions, liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of the Participant’s declarations above and/or the Participant’s negligent acts or omissions and/or wilful misconduct.
4.3 Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Event Organiser:
4.3.1 for death or personal injury caused by the Event Organiser’s negligence;
4.3.2 for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
4.3.3 for any matter which it would be illegal for the Event Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
4.4 This clause 4 shall be read and construed and shall have effect subject to any limitation imposed by any applicable law.
5. Publicity and Results
5.1 The Participant irrevocably consents to:
5.1.1 his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these Conditions; and
5.1.2 the use and reproduction of the Participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
5.2 Any film, photographs (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of the Event Organiser, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the Event Organiser, these Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the Participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give affect thereto. Accordingly any such recording shall not be used other than for private use without the Event Organiser’s prior written consent.
5.3 The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
6.1 These Conditions (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the Entry Form (and the documents referred to in it) it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Conditions.
6.2 Nothing in these Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
6.3 No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
6.4 To the extent permitted by law all provisions of these Conditions shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these Conditions so far as possible.
6.5 These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts.